HybridZ

Where V8 Miata conversions started

- Right after the Miata was introduced in America in 1990 people started scamming on how to cram a V8 into it.

A company in California called Monster Miata started doin' conversions with Ford 5.0 as the basic engine package, modded on up to 525 HP.

Here's an old video fron TNN you can see about the company. To date there are only about 6 of us total across the nation that have GM LS V8 converted Miatas, mainly because there is NO kit or any past efforts to really guide or follow, we have to design, fab and build everything from scratch.

Since the "Monster Miata" is all Ford based it doesn't really reflect anything about us GM LSX guys except you can imagine where we "start" at 335-400 HP "stock" is considerably more fun (my opinion)

Anyway, thought all you V8 conversion motorheads might enjoy seeing something that's old news too, you can see where it all started in this old video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsh4cEhEWlg

Enjoy!

Outta my league, I just spoke because they're here in Arizona we go and look and are always amazed at how unpredictable prices are.

Last time I saw a beautiful, perfect condition 1970 Mustang Boss 302, 32,000 original owner and documented miles, Arizona car showroom perfect, but even though all numbers matched the engine had been rebuilt. It sold for less than $10 grand.

Some old Red, barge of a Dodge Monaco convertible with a V8 wedge motor I've never even heard of sold for over $60,000.00

Go figure, eh!

Outta my league' date=' I just spoke because they're here in Arizona we go and look and are always amazed at how unpredictable prices are.

Last time I saw a beautiful, perfect condition 1970 Mustang Boss 302, 32,000 original owner and documented miles, Arizona car showroom perfect, but even though all numbers matched the engine had been rebuilt. It sold for less than $10 grand.

Some old Red, barge of a Dodge Monaco convertible with a V8 wedge motor I've never even heard of sold for over $60,000.00

Go figure, eh![/quote']

People who own cars for 36 years and only put 32,000 miles on them shouldn't be allowed to own cars!!!!! I mean what's the point of owning a performance car if you're not going to drive it? Then again a Hemi Cuda can be worth close to a 1/2 million, so as an investment its hard to beat that. Still seems wrong!

a local wrecking hard has a few miatas. Any sort of dmg on them and they get

written off as being more costly to fix then they are worth.

Good cheap decent handling car, and there appears to be easy to get parts.

Now sadly I dont have access to a nice turbo charged PP rotary engine

to go into one.

And I actually fit into one! (barely)

My friend Tim's LS6 V8 Miata get around 27-28 MPG on highway. I realistically didn't get that in my 4 cylinder Miata before because I was running at 7,000 RPMs all the time.

Deja, you're right about the Hemi Cuda. I have a picture of a one owner, original black paint, hardtop Hemi Cuda, sitting on our front lawn 41,000 miles and it's also got the rare Red Leather interior. Good investment.

(I haven't taken the time to figure out how to post pictures in here yet)