HybridZ

Help!!..idles At 4500rpm!!

Try removing the linkage between the carbs so that both carbs are mounted but there is nothing connecting them to each other or to the throttle linkage. Without seeing it, my guess would be that you have the linkage that's between the carbs in the wrong place, meaning that one of them is being held open. Actually, if you have a mirror, you can remove the aircleaner and pull up the piston in the carbs and look at the throttle plates with the mirror. You should be able ot see which one is being held open.

Joe

Did you check if the idle screw makes anything move, maybe you have a broken part in there, juat an idea that whent trough my mind, I don't know mutch about carbs exept that the make a hell of a nice sound and they use to make my little Rabbit go very fast in a very short time.

I'd still take the linkage off so it's out of the equation. Since it didn't do this with the old carbs, it has to be related to them. Either the throttle plates are open or their is a vacuum leak somewhere with the carbs very rich.

Joe

I'd still take the linkage off so it's out of the equation. Since it didn't do this with the old carbs' date=' it has to be related to them. Either the throttle plates are open or their is a vacuum leak somewhere with the carbs very rich.

Joe[/quote']

hey joe, would it help if i took several pictures of the installation. I believe i did everything correct. im sorry, im a FI kind of guy. This carb this is fairly odd to me. thanks for the help