HybridZ

anyone ever have this clutch problem?

Steven280zx

well wen i pressed the clutch pedal down it went all the way down then stuck there... like it didnt come back up it will still shift though. anyone one know what may be the problem? my dad thinks i gotta rebuild the clutch but i dont wanna do anything unnessesary.

Sounds like the clutch hydraulics are shot.

I'd second that. Either the clutch master or slave have probaby gone out. If you replace one, replace them both. If just one is replaced the other one almost always fail shortly after. Replace the rubber line while you're at it as well.

Sounds like you're out of hydrolic fluid (brake fluid/DOT3 in this case) or you have air in the lines or a major leak. Fix any leak you can find, fill and completely bleed your lines and master/slave cylinder. If there are any leaks in the line, just replace it. You may want to consider rebuilding the master/slave cylinder. You don't always have to replace them.

If the aboved mentioned items check out fine it may be your pressure plate. My Z32TT did the same thing you are explaining. The pressure plate had some bent fingers where the T.O. bearing rides, and did not have enough force to allow the clutch to release.