HybridZ

MSA is getting more and more lame every visit

v8260

i went today to pick up floorpans and frame rails for aziza. I need them to put them in before paint. So i call them in the morning to see if hey have them in stock. They say they have both the specialty one and regular ($110 diffrence because one has factory drains and the other doesnt). i dont really give a damn about the drains so I i put the regulars on call. Im there 2 hours later. I tell him that i have them on call and he says that they;re not. ok fine. so he goes to get them from the back. comes back, "ummmm, we dont have them in stock". I say that i was told they were here. He says he has them but two left sides. So i ask him when he will have them in. 2 weeks. I cant wait that long. Car is ready for paint NOW! offers me a $20 discount for the specialy ones. i take them and as i am putting them in my car the sticker on the bottom says "280zx". :icon56: great, i had told him 280z. i take the floor pans back inside and tell him. another 15mins in the back and he brings me one that says 280z. i check to see that everything is in there because they look dumber than they are. everything is there. i go home later and find one of the frame rails slightly bent.

Seems like everytime i go there something goes wrong. Is it just my luck or is it happening with others? idk. bottom line today. i am not pleased with MSA. :icon55:

I've dealt with MSA a few times, and for the most part I don't have any problems with them. They tried three times to get me a decent rear european bumper, but I didn't accept any of them due to manufacturing problems (problems with the chrome and imperfections in the metal that were chromed over). They finally just gave me my money back and I found one somewhere else.

I think that the problem is with some of the employees. Some are very knowledgeable and otheres don't have a clue. I think we need to find the name of a knowledgeable sales person and publish that name so we can all ask for this person when we place orders with them. I'm not sure, but I think one of the persons that I thought seemed to know what was going on is named Kurt.

Having worked for several others and now owning a mail order business I suspect that Bartman is right. One dumbass salesman or warehouse dude and he can screw up just about any order.

I'm glad we have businesses that cater to Z owners. We have only a small fraction of the contingent of Mustang owners, or Camaro owners, etc. who are looking for parts so while not excusing the mistakes, we should appreciate the fact that the businesses are even there. Not just MSA, but Victoria British, Modern Motorsports, Arizona Z Car, Reaction Research, Bad Dog Z Parts, all those guys deserve kudos.

Maybe I just feel that way because I talk to my friends with 510s and they have a hard time finding ANY parts for their cars.