HybridZ

Modded my new car, check it out

zguy95135

I got my 1997 Acura 2.2 CL a month back or so, to have to good car for college, I wanted to keep it stock and just drive it. But the tuner in me wouldnt allow it, so I ended up buying some Tokico Illumina shocks off ebay, some Neuspeed race springs from a dude in San Mateo, and a set of older Rotas (for $240 ;) ). The Fedex guy came and dropped off my shocks after a long week of anticipation. Within 5 minutes a friend and I were installing it all. The rears were a real bitch to get in but it all went in without any problems. Pretty much a perfect install, when I was driving it around afterwards it felt awesome, no squeaks, groaning, pulling or shaking it just tracked perfectly straight. The ride feels quite good, especially for the kind of drop I got. I just have to pay really close attention to driveways, speedbumps and pretty much anything higher then 2".

Before:

retouched1.jpg

DSC_0397.jpg

retouched2.jpg

After:

slammed5.jpg

slammed3.jpg

slammed2.jpg

slammed1.jpg

BTW if you emailed me about the 240z parts car, I'm really sorry for taking so long. I've been really busy lately but I should have everyones emails replied to by sunday.

Those are the craziest picture backgrounds....any significance to the micro-trailer (with moon landing flag) in the middle of nowhere and great clips? Nice looking car, I didn't know Neuspeed was still around. I worked at Acura for awhile, watch out for 2nd gear in that thing...

lol The micro trailer was at a friends house in San Miguel. Its about the most middle of no-where you can get around here (it takes 30 mins to get to civilization). Yea the superclips thing was at the shopping center 1 min from my house, we took the car for a break-in test drive and stopped for a photo-op.

I hear the trannys are weak, especially the autos. I baby the 5 speed most of the time, so it should last for a while. I hope

I had a friend that did a Prelude H22 turbo swap into his. It was faster than when he did the 5cyl. turbo (which was not too fast by all accounts, my other friend beat him in an n/a integra ls automatic). Cool car though, it was pretty funny seeing the looks on peoples' faces when his car would pull in sounding like a dump truck...

LOL yea those H22s can be monsters.

I just got back from a CL meet here, we drove up to Halfmoon Bay and to some restaurant up on the mountain where tons of bikers and sports car guys go. There was even a new Ford GT40 with the oldschool Gulf racing paint job. We hit the twisties on the way back, and man the car handles amazingly. The guys with the 3.2 RLs were in front of me, and I could easily keep up wit them, despite a 100hp difference. :)