HybridZ

Window seal replacement

deja

i just pried it off' date=' i dont remeber any screws

the rubber is actualy like stapled to the metal chrome piece..[/quote']

Hmmm, now I'm even more confused, LOL. Think I'll look though that factory shop manual again. gotta be some instructions in there somewhere....you'd think.

Roll the window all the way down and look at it from the inside. I think there are a couple small screws that are acessible from the inside that hold it on. It's been a couple years since I replaced mine.

Same car so that helps. I'm assuming I need to remove the door panel?

You don't have to take the door panel off. The rubber is stapled to the chrome strip. You can pry the hole chrome strip with rubber off. I've pulled most of the ones i've dealt with off by hand... but have used a small screwdriver to pry the ones off my '73.

I bought new replacement chrome strips with the rubber already attached from Victoria British.

• 2 years later...

He he he... wish I had seen this thread a week ago. I just got the rubber strips and felt strips for the door panels from Too Intense, but I realized that I don't have a stapler quite capable of installing these strips. I wasn't aware that they were held together by staples until last night. Does anyone have a good suggestion about how to install these?

He he he... wish I had seen this thread a week ago. I just got the rubber strips and felt strips for the door panels from Too Intense, but I realized that I don't have a stapler quite capable of installing these strips. I wasn't aware that they were held together by staples until last night. Does anyone have a good suggestion about how to install these?

I used 1/4 inch aluminum pop rivets for the felt strips on the inside door panel. Not sure if they would work on the rubber outer strip though.