HybridZ

Combo Switch Schematic...again (and yes I've searched!!!)

dat240zg

Guys,

Thanks to Nissan for giving us one of the more confusing bit of electrical wiring thingies....I'm almost done with re-wiring the Z and just have the combo switch to go. I've done all of the searching, including the FAQ on the Painless to Combo switch, but the problem is, all of my wires are different colors than the one in the FAQ as well as any other pic/schematic that I've seen. In fact, it's different than the other switch that I have, which is also different from the ones that I've found here!!!!

SO......anyone else want to volunteer a combo switch schematic that I could use? I saw an older post about someone that was swapping in the combo switch from an early 90's DSM. Anyone know if this ever happened? That would be a slick piece!

If you have pics or advice, I'm open to both.

Thanks again!

Bryan

Dat240zg

I don't know if this helps but my info is that starting with the 72 240Z some/all, intermittent wipers were added which changed the wiring, connectors, and hardware/mounting of the combo switch. If you have a 70 240Z you need the early combo switch and wiring. Fig. 2 shows the 70 combo wiring.http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/1d/1d/80/0900823d801d1d80.jsp

LARRY

Thanks to both of you. Looks like the Autozone link is going to help me. I had looked at the FAQ and seen the diagrams, but for whatever reason, even the number of wires that I have coming from my switch is different, not just the colors.

Thanks again.

Bryan

You can go on-line with Courtesy Nissan in Irving, Texas and obtain a CD version of the Factory Service Manual for your car or go to:

Nissan Service Publications

20770 Westwood Drive

Cleveland, Ohio 44136

Attn: Photo Copy

(440) 572-7280

And get a hard copy reproduction of the FSM. With the extensive work your doing to the car it might be good to have one.