HybridZ

Cutting the arches progress

theBrit

I though some pictures of my efforts at cutting the arches back on a 240z might help people out.

Some of the pictures are not that great, I guess I am no photographer, but a hand full might be usefull and I tried to add captions to a number of them.

There are also a few pictures of the victoria british AKA volkswaggon beetle steel arches going on, I will update this when the rear is attached.

http://www.holmesfamily.ws/240zRearArch/index.html

Thanks, actualy I did not section them radialy like that, that is just tape form the 1000 of times I tacked them on :-)

I have had to re do the arches and re form the rolled lips extensvly though.

The front was the worst, that was way off, I took inches out of the top of the arch to make it follow the same arc as the wheel so that it looked right and would not hit when the suspension compressed.

The blue Z with VBs that everyone sees also has this done, you can tell bythe way the top of the arch sits in line with the crease down the side of a z, as they come it sits very much lower.