HybridZ

Oil pan ???????

alexideways

There is no interference at all, since they bolt to the block not the oilpan, FWIW if you get your pan from the Nissan dealer in the sticky, It's pretty reasonable pricewise and far easier then making one. Why bother fabricating one if there is a bolt on solution thats reasonably cheap??

Unless you want greater capacity or more baffles or something I wouldn't bother.

Chris Rummel

There is no interference at all' date=' since they bolt to the block not the oilpan, FWIW if you get your pan from the Nissan dealer in the sticky, It's pretty reasonable pricewise and far easier then making one. Why bother fabricating one if there is a bolt on solution thats reasonably cheap??

Unless you want greater capacity or more baffles or something I wouldn't bother.

Chris Rummel[/quote']

Just a reminder... the rear sump oil pan for the rb26 is not bolt on. It will bolt on to an rb25 however. it will bolt to the pattern but a custom oil pickup needs to be made and the side of the pan needs to be clearanced so the pickup will fit.

Stony

Just a reminder... the rear sump oil pan for the rb26 is not bolt on. It will bolt on to an rb25 however. it will bolt to the pattern but a custom oil pickup needs to be made and the side of the pan needs to be clearanced so the pickup will fit.

Stony

Hi Stony I havent made the extended pick up for the RB26 yet, but I have had the Z31 sump bolt up ok once I removed the RB26 baffle plates. Are you saying that the Z31 sump has to modified on the pickup side to allow the extended pickup & tube to fit in? Do you have any photos of the sump mod you made & extended pickup?

regards Mike Rowe

DSC00961.JPG

I removed the baffling also but my pan still hit the girdle. i also had to beat out a small section where the sump bolts in to clear the pan. then had to use some different bolts to clear the small hump i neat out. (cant see that in this pic)

• 2 weeks later...

I removed the baffling also but my pan still hit the girdle. i also had to beat out a small section where the sump bolts in to clear the pan. then had to use some different bolts to clear the small hump i neat out. (cant see that in this pic)

Hi Stony, have you pulled the engine out yet ie can you take some pics of the sump mods

Mike