HybridZ

A good deal?

jbk240z

I talked to the guy, it's about as rust free as you can get, a new door, which I have and fender, also have and paint, it's done.

Anybody want it? I have the trailer to get it. Not what I'm looking for really, I want a daily driver. If anybody is interested I'll check it out in person.

505.463.6779 is my cell number.

Provided you could get this Z cheap enough, seems likely, a daily driver could easily be put together. A. the Z is somewhat local to you. B. you have the replacement body parts. C. you seem to have a vast resource as far as engines. My quick plan is: put together a "mild" 350 or 400 sbc, with "mild" heads, a nice comp cams 292H cam, an eddy torker II intake or similar, 750 Holley carb, some block hugger headers, the TH2004R from the Monte, with maybe a 3000 or so stall converter. Install this combo with the inexpensive JTR mount kit and you have a "cheap" decent daily driver. Although I am sure you would consider this combo "ultra-mild". It would sound nice, have some decent power for a street daily driver, and be "easy" to build. Just be sure to use the high tech throttle linkage and wiring from the Pinks Z..........LOL, just kidding! If you hurry up, I may be able to drive down from Denver, and at least help you get started, before my "hybrid ankle" surgery scheduled for Oct. 9th. Now, go get that Z.

a place to store the Z I would get it. As it is, I have a '72 Z sitting on my step-dad's land in Louisiana, with a stock 4.3 V6/700R4 installed but not running, fairly decent condition. But it kills me because I have no place to store it either, I obviously can't work on it much, hence it sits and slowly rots.........boo hoo!

There is some serious jacking going on in that auction. Two guys' date=' one in denmark and one in kuwait, both with zero feedback and newbies have bid on that car.

The seller is one of those rice boys doing the rice thing![/quote']

I was just looking at the car and was going to say I think the seller may have someone bidding the item up!

I was just looking at the car and was going to say I think the seller may have someone bidding the item up!

I have several friends that drive "rice" cars and they say that in their circle, that is commonplace.

He says, you'll get a second chance offer anyway so don't sweat it.

I'm not sweating it, it was taking funds away from the TIG anyway and it's not worth more than $500 IMO.

There will be another car, better and cheaper.

The winner probably used an auction sniper program to outbid the high bid at the last moment.

I don't know guys. Running Z car engines can be had for $500, complete with transmissions in most cases. It is the little things that eat you up on price. The thing was a 240 (not 280), had the good carbs and was awfully straight and clean. The seller seemed really up front and detailed. The winning bidder looked legit. Judging from his previous purchases the winning bidder must be restoring a 70 something Nova. Maybe he doesn't care about the 6 banger. Could there be a new member brewing?

I look at it as a good sign for those of use who own 240's. Maybe these things are finally starting to be worth some money. You guys in the southwest don't realize how good you have it. Old Z cars have even disappeared from the salvage yards on the east coast. I have never seen a rust free 240 with dead engines in a local auto trader. Hell, I brought mine from CA.