HybridZ

2+2 Owners

Challenger

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright gentlemen, i have the front end of the motor apart, and am ready to start putting the timing chain back on.....good thing i took it apart, the tensioner was semi-junk, it sticks when oil pressure hits it, and thusly doesn't keep the chain tight all the time.

hurray for kits! i hope this motor isnt junk and all this work is worth it. otherwise ill be slamming another l28 in it.

also, im thinking about going carbs instead of keeping the FI. i really have no reason to keep it.

So I acquired another 2+2. This one is a 1976. There is rust in the usual places on the body. The battery tray area and undercarriage looks good. An added bonus was discovering Tokico springs and Illumina's.

75flz_01.jpg

75flz_02.jpg

So I acquired another 2+2. This one is a 1976. There is rust in the usual places on the body. The battery tray area and undercarriage looks good. An added bonus was discovering Tokico springs and Illumina's.

Hi

It really is nice to know that you Guy's across the pond really do, contary to a UK myth still get to play with Z'ed rust :D:biggrin::D:biggrin: makes me feel almost jealous that at the moment I've got none to sort out:lol::lol::lol:

Have fun with the new toy.

Regards

Nigel

p.s. update on progress new external wastegate now grafted into place just needs wiring into the ECU. pics to follow.

Another RHD 2+2 for parts? Looks good.

Most likely not for parts. The rust is not terminal from what I can see.

Right now it will sit in the driveway till I figure out what to do with everything. I have to many Z's along with extra parts and not enough space. Time to start selling off some of the spares.

check out my new ride!! it's a 1977 280z 2+2, all original except for wheels and paint. has a dash cover but i really don't mind, and the paint is a 3-stage lambo yellow. florida car with no rust and 90k original miles

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l104/Rustyfriend/datsun.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l104/Rustyfriend/datsun-2.jpg

check out my new ride!! it's a 1977 280z 2+2, all original except for wheels and paint. has a dash cover but i really don't mind, and the paint is a 3-stage lambo yellow. florida car with no rust and 90k original miles

datsun.jpg

datsun-2.jpg

Very nice! Looks well cared for.

Nice find, well done.

Just change those bumpers and it would look so much better.

Seems pretty straight in the photos though. Well done.

i would love to swap the bumpers but the agreement of the deal with my dad to loan me the cash was to keep it stock for a while

i would love to swap the bumpers but the agreement of the deal with my dad to loan me the cash was to keep it stock for a while

better tell him that it is zcar.com and not hybridz that you are spending every waking moment reading then.

Just kidding, any deal that has gotten you a cool zcar is definitely worth honouring. Have fun mate, P.S. a stock Z is still more fun then a turbo charged Z that has been sitting in the carport for the last 6 months not moving because it needs a new computer. Sorry, I'm just venting again.

Hey.. where's all the 2+2 ZX love..?

Haha.. I may have the slowest Z out there, being a 2+2 automatic ZX GL, but I love it!

Should be a nice scooter after all the fiberglass and turbo/manual swap though! :icon14:

Btw nice find on the Z Rusty.

update: motor swapped between two cars in 3 days :)

motor from my '78 is now in my beautiful '77 and purs like a kitten.....well, it actually roars like a lion and sounds like a v8. for the swap i had to cut the exhaust after the header so right now that is all there is....header. love the sound.

all that is left to put her on the road is tranny fluid, some fuel, put the hood back on, mirrors, and a windshield

starting her back up today put the biggest smile you can imagine on my face

challenger--you got a 2+2 rear bumper?