HybridZ

2+2 Owners

Challenger

What I was getting at is they dont make a 8 inch rewind to my knowledge.

Ive started to not like the rewind as much as I used to, ill have to wait till my cars together to see what style wheel will look the best. Im thinking something with strait edges like the Konig Imagine will look good. (those come in a 17)

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll go with 16x8's with 225's too. I'd like to go 245's, but that's not wide enough for ZG flares and too wide for stock fenders.

I measured the rear of my 2+2 and there is at least 10.5 inches between the lower spring mount and inside the lip (not rolled)? and as a 245 is 9.6" then with the right rim they should fit? I have just bought a set of 16x8 +4 Performance SuperLites

wheel.jpg

They are currently fitted with 205x50x16 which are way to small!! in both width and height, so I plan to fit 2 new 225x50x16 and see how they fit the rear and if they are still to small I will put these on the front and fit 245x25x16 on the rear.

The overall width of the 8" rim is 9" wide which is about 230mm and as you can see from this picture the outside if the rim is still inside the stock fender lip? The rear is lowered about 1.5" and thefront about 3/4"

gap.jpg

So I figure that if I roll the lip up, the 245's should fit no problem?

rear2.jpg

rear.jpg

Here is the front pictures:-

front.jpg

There ia a gap of about 1/2" at the spoiler.

front1.jpg

This one is NOT directly overhead the rim is actually under the fender (just)

I will let you know how they fit.

question for you 2+2 experts on wheels. i tried to make a topic about sizing but it was quickly bashed by a mod.

what sort of offsets will work on the 2+2 because i heard the rear is a bit different than the coupe. i am guessing a 17x7.5 with +42 would not work?

here is my other question. i have been on ebay a lot and have found those 4 to 5 lug bolt on conversion plates like these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-4-to-5-LUG-CONVERSION-KIT-FORD-MUSTANG-79-93-AND_W0QQitemZ290204986064QQihZ019QQcategoryZ43957QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and seeing as it adds 2 inches to the width, wouldn't that allow a high offset wheel to work? if so then my wheel question would be easily satisfied because i can take some 17x7.5" with +42 from my chevy malibu and put them on. they have 225x45 tires on them

hey guys, i finally got my 78 2/2 running, all the timing was off, so ihad to pull the oil pump and dizzy and reset everything. doesnt exactly purr like a kitten, but im a bit more motivated to get the floors and frame done now!!

and i need a timing chain and tensioners still, whats a good place to get em at a decent price? the z store?

also, i want the 2/2 badge that goes in the grille....

Ive got a timing chain and tensioner Id let go of... It seems to be relatively new because the motor it came off had been rebuilt.

Im going to be looking at a 74.5 260z 2+2 tonight for $250. The interior looks to be in great shape and not to muich rust. It would serve as a parts car/experiment car since it has no motor/trans. But thats not a problem because I dont need a motor/trans.

That's why you tell the parts store to order it.

A quick search shows that PartsAmerica.com (Advance Auto, Kragen, etc.) carries those parts too. Napa offers it as well. I'd bet Autozone and Carquest offer them too. Rockauto.com is also a good source for parts. The timing chain kit is cheaper through Rock Auto than MSA.

I've never had a problem finding replacement parts.