HybridZ

My RB25 swap midstream.

John Sixgun

I was doing a V8 swap when I posted before but I decided to go RB instead. Here are some photo's of the car and the swap in progress right now.

Here is how I found the car a few years ago in Atlanta Ga. A friend of mine had it and was going for the drag race thing. He installed a 306 Ford in it but never finished it.

DSC00332.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

So I got the car and yanked the Ford out and installed a 350 Chevy. No photos of that one since I never got it finished. I yanked the 350 out and put the original motor back in, drive it a year or so and parked it. My brother owns Tophat Performance in Atlanta and Core Products that fab RB mount kits so I chose to go that route.

DSCF0804.jpg

DSCF0805.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

and some motor shots.

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

The car is all steel. No fiberglass on the car anywhere. A guy made it in the late 70s. It has a cel, fabbed dash, full Autometers, Autopower bar, suspension upgrades and stickers out the rear end. Drives good. I used to run the Dragon in Tennessee with it and it is a blast. I'll keep the thread updated as time goes on. Sorry for the long post.

that car is very unique looking!!! those are IMSA flares, right? what about that front end? it doesn't look too familiar. either way, very cool!

edit: do you have any pictures of the car from the rear with the new wheels? the rewinds look so much better than the centerlines(right?)

No the flares are steel. The guy that built the car did it all by hand. It's not a kit. He used all sorts of strange stuff on it. There is a some subway or wiring schematic on the bottom side of one of the flares. The entire car is in steel. Here's a photo of it being built.

zbody2.jpg

zbody1.jpg

The new wheels are Panasports. I checked the Rewinds out but these fell into my lap for almost nothing with new tires so I snatched em up. Need wider ones though so I will probably sell these soon.

I will be down in Reynolds in March for sure. Missed it last time don't want to miss it again.

• 3 weeks later...

Motors in. We had mounts fabbed and then taken to a laser shop to be cut. Working on the wiring and a few other goodies this week. Luckily the car was de-wired when my friend was on the drag kick and had a Painless harness installed so wiring is going to be quite simple. I'll have photo's of the mounts and stuff soon as My brother is about to sell a mount kit with oil pan. I'll keep more coming as I get it done.

Thanks for the comments.