HybridZ

pure internet pwnage

Forrest

You know Cody I bet it would be funny if that guy you were joking about shot himself 9 years ago wouldn't it.

Where did that come from?

I never said we were mean to the guy or anything like that. He would just drive up and start spewing lies and crazy stories. At first we tried to question him about it since they were obvious lies but, he would insist on it being the truth. After while of this he just let him hang around and talk. The mean thing to do would have been to tell him what a crazy person he was and not let him hang around.

Don't insult me about somthing you really can't talk about since you really have no clue!

ToplessZ

I think we all understand what you're saying. We should never be intentionally mean or cruel. The problem is, there can be a fine line between calling someone on their BS and being mean about it. We do no justice to anyone who is lying to get attention. They need help. Accepting them for their lies is no way to help those individuals. The general message I get from reading this post is, "Hey dope... quit your lying. It's not appreciated by anyone and it makes you look foolish. Grow up and live your life with some normalcy!!". This may seem cruel... but TRUTH often does. Should we allow him to continue his self-demeaning actions? I say NO. This will only perpetuate his descent into a fantasy world from which it becomes increasing difficult to climb. In other words, we should help him out of his delusions. The only way to do that is to tell him point-blank that he's fooling NO ONE and we DON'T APPRECIATE his lies. If this seems cruel, observe nature. Nature teaches us some very hard lessons... lessons we must ALL learn.

This said, we recognize that you're empathizing with that poor delusional guy. But sometimes a little slap in the face is required to bring someone into the real world. When he joins us in reality, we'll welcome him with open arms.

'Nuff said...

You know Cody I bet it would be funny if that guy you were joking about shot himself 9 years ago wouldn't it. While the entire 36 page thread had its' elements of humor, I found it rather sad. I really feel sorry for that guy in the fact that I have seen people do and say just about anything to feel like they are apart of something whether it is the ricer crowd, a forum, or the focus of jokes among "friends." Maybe I have had too many psych courses. Whatever the case may be, looking at all those comments, through the lens of the subject in question, seemed quite depressing.

First Cody no offense meant. I am definatly not trying to sympathize with lying. I am trying to get at the fact that these are usually fragile individuals that do not handle reality well. There is something truely wrong when someone lives in this type of fantasy all the time. I was just warning that there is a need to step lightly concerning these individuals. The thread in question is a good example. If you really read it, which I did, the calling of everyname under the sun, and other such derragatory remarks really do not help the situation. I am just really glad we do not have that on Hybridz.

Yes... it's that cruelty thing. This is the real world. Maybe that's what this guy needed? We can't just baby someone like this all the time. A slap in the face may just be the thing to make him realize he needs to face facts and join us in the real world. It's hard but this is the world in which we live. Call it tough love, if you like. And yes he could take either route... climb up or jump off. It's sad but true.

Remember when mommy or daddy imposed those penalties on our bad actions? It hurt for awhile, then we got over it. And HOPEFULLY we never did those stoopid things again. It's called "growing up".

BUT... yes, many remarks are out of line. The moderators here on hybridz are AWESOME. They do an excellent job preventing that kind of thing.

First Cody no offense meant. I am definatly not trying to sympathize with lying. I am trying to get at the fact that these are usually fragile individuals that do not handle reality well. There is something truely wrong when someone lives in this type of fantasy all the time. I was just warning that there is a need to step lightly concerning these individuals. The thread in question is a good example. If you really read it, which I did, the calling of everyname under the sun, and other such derragatory remarks really do not help the situation. I am just really glad we do not have that on Hybridz.

You know Cody I bet it would be funny if that guy you were joking about shot himself 9 years ago wouldn't it. While the entire 36 page thread had its' elements of humor, I found it rather sad. I really feel sorry for that guy in the fact that I have seen people do and say just about anything to feel like they are apart of something whether it is the ricer crowd, a forum, or the focus of jokes among "friends." Maybe I have had too many psych courses. Whatever the case may be, looking at all those comments, through the lens of the subject in question, seemed quite depressing.

You have to know the history on this guy. No one asks him to come back, lie to us some more, get busted over again, lie about getting busted, apologize, promise never to lie again, promise never to post again, threaten people with violence, then come back and lie again.

No one was that hard on him the first few times. This is probably the 300th thread similar to this that he has started. He just doesn't learn and definitely hasn't changed. No one there has any respect for him because he has not earned it. On the other hand, he has done plenty to earn his reputation as an idiot, and an e-thug.

It's a shame that most of the old threads are gone now (site crash a few months ago) or I'd post a few choice examples. If you are really bored, you can look on H-T for some of the antics he's pulled there, but you'll have to figure out all his aliases.

I have never ripped on him, but I couldn't help but post this one. Actions have consequences, and if you act like a tool to other people online, expect at the least that you'll get outed for it. Getting busted by your own girlfriend (or is it wife? who knows with him) for lying on "teh internets" is just a crying shame. Of course, we all know it won't stop him or even slow him down. He really has no shame. (or humility, spelling ability, common sense or common courtesy)

I understand where you're coming from, but I doubt you'd feel that way if you had all the information. I can't feel sorry for him at this point.

Yeah, we know Larry. AND we appreciate ALL your efforts. You guys RULE!!!!!

WE LOVE HYBRIDZ, YO'!!!

Well, we won't tolerate those kinds of lies here on Hybridz, period, end of story!! That's what makes us different than those "other" websites!

All is good.

I work and have work with lot and lots of differnet people. I've come to learn that sometimes "we" the general puplic are not able to deal with all people and thier lies or habits that they have. It becomes so much easier at times to just deal with them and let them be as they are. Next time I deal with an oddball, this thread will come to mind and I'll think differently about how to deal with them.

You know what they say... "The customer is always right". Actually, we just let them be wrong and don't say anything about it unless it's absolutely necessary. Then we must be polite, tactful, and kind. This can be very difficult (especially the tactful part) and the moderators here on hybridz are experts at it.

All is good.

I work and have work with lot and lots of differnet people. I've come to learn that sometimes "we" the general puplic are not able to deal with all people and thier lies or habits that they have. It becomes so much easier at times to just deal with them and let them be as they are. Next time I deal with an oddball, this thread will come to mind and I'll think differently about how to deal with them.

You know what they say... "The customer is always right". Actually, we just let them be wrong and don't say anything about it unless it's absolutely necessary. Then we must be polite, tactful, and kind. This can be very difficult (especially the tactful part) and the moderators here on hybridz are experts at it.

Well said!