HybridZ

Help with R200/R230 shortnose diff info!

JMortensen

I'm looking for someone who can help me figure out the details of the R200 and R230 shortnose diff swaps for a FAQ post.

There are so many threads that contradict each other that I'm having trouble figuring out what is what.

Right now I need to know the following:

1. What is the deal with the 5 and 6 bolt inner flanges?

2. What pieces are necessary to put the CV shafts together (both R200 and R230)

3. Looks like nobody makes a front diff mount yet. Is that correct?

4. What is the perceived advantage of the shortnose R200 over the longnose R200? Just price and availability?

I think that's about all I need at this point. Don't post if you're not SURE of your info. I don't want to put incorrect info in the FAQs. Thanks all.

1. For what I know is that the Q45 r200 and the 300zx TT R230 both are 6 bolt flanges. You will need to order moser shafts and need 2 sets of halshafts from a Q45. I believe the confusion of the 5/6 is between a shortnose R200 from a different car. The Mustache bar has to be modified and the front mount will have to be fabricated. There is a post that says Arizona Z is coming out with a front mount in a few weeks I believe.

-Jose