HybridZ

Road rage: tempting fate?

rustrocket

Saturday night, around 10 ish, i was coming home from my sister's house after watching the UFC fight (GO MATT HUGHES!!). Anyways, i was merging from highway 87 onto 280 north. There was a little bit of traffic, and things were a little tight. Inadvertently, i cut off a driver in a big SUV. He proceeded to honk his horn and flash his headlights at me, at which point, i braked and lost about 5-7 mph (something i've never done before, and i still dont know why i did it then). This pissed him off even more, so he swerved into the left lane, and pulled up next to my window. I didn't bother looking because i just thought he was going to give me the finger or start yelling at me. The next thing i know, i see a bright flash in his car, accompanied by a loud BANG!. I look over, and see his passenger window completely shattered (yeah, he shot through his own window!) , and a gun pointing at me. I immediately pulled over to make sure my passenger was ok, but in doing so, was unable to get his license plate. Luckily, the guy missed my car entirely and didnt hurt either of us. Either way, i'm never braking in front of somebody again!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reported it to the police, but they said that because there wasn't any damage to my car or myself, and without a plate #, they were just going to take it as information and broadcast it.

It was a big black SUV with tinted windows and large flossy wheels, which for anybody who lives around here, knows that there's a LOT of cars like that in the San Jose area.

It's funny that the officer didnt mention anything about checking to see who's getting a passenger window replaced.

Only for use in an emergency (to clear my head)... in the event that I might consider popping the question:shock:

hey mike dont u have a shot gun in the hatch of your z...lol

You guys always crack me up :) Mike depending on what statistics you look at and what biasis you base your assumptions on, it could easily be supposed that sociopaths, however subtle they may be, are fast approaching the majority . As a business/sociology major, It makes me sick sometimes to look at the truths of our society.

Well-stated... sadly.

You guys always crack me up :) Mike depending on what statistics you look at and what biasis you base your assumptions on, it could easily be supposed that sociopaths, however subtle they may be, are fast approaching the majority . As a business/sociology major, It makes me sick sometimes to look at the truths of our society.

Heres my lesson.

This is around 1985 in Texas.

Understand that at that time, or place, or mabie it was the people that I hung with, it was considered red neck ettiquette to flip off your buddies. dont ask me why cause I didnt understand it then, and dont now. Picture your cruising the freeway and suddenly your friend pulls up next to you. Pling.....out pops the finger. I think it means hello.:icon56:

Any how, when leaving work and headed out to the country, I spot who I thought was a friend of mine by the big rust spot on the door of this Vega station wagon. Pling out pops my finger....hello right. Thing was it wasn't my friend. He starts riding the tailgate of the truck I was in as a passenger. The driver, unaware of my "polite" gesture starts slaming the brakes. Well it was on after that. Swervering, dodging, brake checking, finger flapping our way down a country road. At one point I believe a bottle was even lobbed at the chap.

After a couple of miles of this game we came to a fork in the road at which point the driver of the truck I was in had had enough. Slams on the brake, throws it in park proclaiming he was going to kick some ass. The car pursuing us pulls up to my now opening door, rolls down his window (smart move), whips out a nickel plated 45 revolver and starts popping! And I dont mean in the air! I mean right at me! At about twenty feet the purcussion is something I will never forget. Guns sound different when being discharged at you. I slam the door shut as rounds start going poing, poing, poing into the truck. One through the door, door post, fender, side glass, running board. There was a pause, the nearly paralized driver gets back in the truck, I throw it into drive and use my left hand on the gas yelling GO, GO, GO!!! As we dart off I hear it again, poing, poing as the rounds hit the door again.

These deals can get ugly fast. My hands shake as I type and I can tell that it was truly something that I will never forget. My finger stays in my pocket folks. Stays in my pocket!