HybridZ

This is cool, but what is it?

Initial Z

Hey, I know this car. It is located here in Finland. Here you will find some more pics and a videoclip of it: http://www.mediarace.fi/unenvaltakunta/2+2.htm

The current owner has not made the mods. I think the car is for sale.

Plus it has spikes in the tires. Makes you wonder what the car was used for?

In Finland we have to use either M+S tires or "spikes" in the wintertime.

Looks similiar to the old road rally Z car noses from the 70's. Not that this car ever was a rally car.

Can you show an examples of this? Where there ever any rally Zs with front ends like this one that where mass-produced? I rally like the no nonsense, rough and tumble look of this car. It could have something to do with the orange paint reminding me of the General Lee. :wink:

I can dig it, but since it's sheet metal, I'd think you would need to be careful not to curb it, otherwise you'll end up with obvious dents really quickly. I think it needs the Zr8d garden edging mod, then it will be all set. Also, some more flush fitting turn lights would maybe be slicker looking than those bee hive things it's got, but that's all nit-picky stuff.

Guest 81-TURBO
Can you show an examples of this? Where there ever any rally Zs with front ends like this one that where mass-produced? I rally like the no nonsense, rough and tumble look of this car. It could have something to do with the orange paint reminding me of the General Lee. :wink:

I wish I could. But it has been 5 years since I did that research. As I remember they did a couple Dakar rallys with some Z's. Atleast I think they were the Dakar rallys. Plus the cars were lifted off the ground for clearance, but they were not 4-wheel drive. They did perform well too. Just do some internet searching the pics are out there on the web.