HybridZ

26 x 9.5 x 15 on a 15 x 8!

Hey all,

I received some Hoosier Slicks to use when Drag Racing.This are the 26 x 9.5 x 15......I looked around for a 15 x 8 with a 5'' back spacing wheel and did not liked most of the ones I have seen.I went to a shop that sells the Sportmax 002, I know there are 0 offset and do not fit.The guy @ the shop said he will roll my fenders and trim the rear of the wheel to get the offset to clear if its just off by a little.

Also this tire seems to high,My car is lowered like 2 inches on the rear.

Do you guys think itll work?

datsun006.jpg

datsun005.jpg

I use 26x10's on my car and had to raise the rear slightly, not lower it. My wheels are 15x8 with 4.5" backspacing on the back. It still scrubs on some dips in the road.

Fender-rolling is a must. The coilover upgrade is recommended for that size.

Thank's,

I will work and see if its possible.I should be going to the shop sometime next week.I just saw the tire and thought it was too tall.

Do you have any problems when you heat the tires @ the track or just on the road bumps?

No problems with heat-ups. I have a friend that has two cars with the same setup as me. One of his is a drag-only car. He's using 26x9.5 hoosiers for that car and has no issues with heating up his tires.

To clarify on how I raised the rear of my car, I'm using 280 rear strut assemblies with 240 suspension techniques lowering springs and 240 hats. This is fine for slicks at the track, but daily driving results in the occasional dips in the road and the squelch of the tires rubbing.

My plan to resolve this is to go to coilovers to get a stiffer spring. I could probably just replace the hats with 280 hats, but I like the stance as it is... and want to get some 17's for daily driving.