HybridZ

darn GTO's are everywhere !

chelle

So last sunday we drove up to a car show at Lake Geneva, we pulled in in the red V12 car and Kim's white Alpha1 and asked where we needed to go find the replicar club that was supposed to be parked together. The gate crew was directing everyone down a road to the main grounds, but they told us to turn down a path through the woods to the showcase area roped off near the tents as there was another car "just like" the red car.. sure enough we pulled in and the ropes were lifted. We parked and sure enough - across the grass, mixed in among Bently's, a Limo that drove President Roosevelt and other ultra rare stuff was a 250 GTO... with 6 carbs and genuine 1961 engine... :)

thought you might enjoy seeing a few pics

GTO-drive0036.jpg

GTO-drive0038.jpg

GTO-drive0040.jpg

GTO-drive0048.jpg

Hey Chelle, is that a real live ferrari engine in Kim's car, or is it a custom valve cover on something else? You girls and your hot rods...(I'm assuming Kim is a girl...)Y'all ( i realize that looks country as all get out in print, but it sounds normal when i say it out loud...Ok, You all) have some amazing cars!

Kim's has the stock nissan 6 with a modified valvecover, but will be getting something else this winter... exactly what hasn't been decided.. She likes the rotary engines, I keep trying to convince her to go exotic with something like a maserati V8 or turbo rotary or something.. time will tell

I'll post more- need to resize them

Mario, it's raining here right now - but let us know :)

Yeah right... just like the rest of the married guys, you go home and cook dinner for her, then beg for $$$ to spend on your Z :mrgreen:

Everytime you girls post, I go home and slap my wife of 37 years

Just kidding

I REALLY like the Ferrari engine... the Webers are hick-a$$. But this GTO has NOTHING on yours:mrgreen:

lol :)

here's a couple more pics of the other GTO that was there... I love the simple underhood area

GTO-drive008.jpg

His car is a Greg Jones built car.. made from the remnants of a 1961 Ferrari 250 PF.. the frame was modified by Greg and a body made by someone in Italy (possibly Alegretti, but there are a number of places that can make one there)

The six carb setups are OEM, but the 250 PF would have had three webers. Last time I priced a complete six carb setup - with intakes/carbs/linkage and velocity stacks the going price was $8500 :)

Had someone restored the 250 PF to original it would likely have been worth more money, but not as much fun to me :)

Chelle

And the other GTO isn't a kit?????

His has a higher percentage of ferrari parts... and there's no kit to do it - but it's not original either - hand made body, interior, frame is maybe 30% custom, but is titled as a 1961 Ferrari 250 PF.. because enough of the frame and running gear came from one to call it that :)

certainly with Ferrari engine it has more original than ours.. lol but it's not an original 250GTO.. and a large percentage of it is not ferrari original... but it's still cool

Chelle

It's cool alright, but so is yours Chelle. I got Webers for mine but can't put them in a line like the Ferrari. Jag v12 has a distributor smack dab in the middle of the engine. How long is your stretch? I've eye'd up that project for mine but have had to many setbacks to work on it.

Staledale

I ment "Kick-a$$" butt I cain't spel to goud sins I wuz borned in Texuz.

Mike, is "hick-a$$" good, or bad? Isn't that carb setup OEM? I think it's pretty awesome that this character managed to get that motor, and get it in as well. I wonder what the story behind that motor being for sale loose was...