HybridZ

Need some high res images trying to decide on paint color..

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Guest Aguyandaredhead

I am looking for High res images that are in the shades of Gunmetal Met. and variations of a dark gray met. It does not matter what kind of car they are on just a good picture. My car is off to the body man for paint and I need to decide ASAP.

Any Ideas. I am set on a shade of Dark Gray with a pearl or metallic. So no Orange or greens ect.. Thanks

Jeff

What do you guys think of a gunmetal base coat with a toner (tinted, black) clear coat with a hint of blue toner? Give it that illusion of being black, but not quite and also the since of not really being blue or grey. Well thats just in my head. I have to get a test piece to see if thats what I really want.

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Wow, thanks keep them comming. I like the second pic color and the clean one with the body kit, however I would not put the entire kit on my car.

I have given a little thought to a tinted clear over the gunmetal before I just need to talk to my painter and we are going to spray some test panel's and play around with the colors.

If you own a car you post here if you could post a paint code as well that would be great to give me something to start with..

Thanks Again

Jeff

What do you guys think of a gunmetal base coat with a toner (tinted, black) clear coat with a hint of blue toner? Give it that illusion of being black, but not quite and also the since of not really being blue or grey. Well thats just in my head. I have to get a test piece to see if thats what I really want.

I think that s a great idea! Have your painter spray a tube, round or box shape so you can capture various angles. Tinted clears can add alot of depth to the finish. Take pics!

I like the 2nd on as well, the black trim sets it off!
I agree. I don't like the "chrome" trim look. I like the ominous look of a full black car driving by at night.:-D

I think that s a great idea! Have your painter spray a tube, round or box shape so you can capture various angles. Tinted clears can add alot of depth to the finish. Take pics!
Thanks. I'll just start a test piece with my airbrush and model paints, see what I come up with. Then I'll test with actual auto paints. Don't want to spend too much on just a test piece, if its not the right paint that I'm looking for.

Davy did yo umean to attach something.. I did not see any pictures in your post.

Thanks

Jeff

Whoa, I tried to have htem load from the site they were on, but something bad happened. Whaaat? Hrm. Sorry, but I'll try to address it later. Not good...

Davy