HybridZ

IP banned from MSEFI forums

hoohaa

There are companys that are working on EMP guns that would disable a moving vehicle! They can and will be used by police agencies to stop cars.

Also, One large EMP weapon, detonated at a 300Mile altitude, will put this country into the stone age! Better keep an old "points style" distributer around!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is strange. Here's the link to my thread that presumably started this whole thing in MSEFI: http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?t=22994

I am accessing the site from a remote location, which hasn't been banned, obviously. It now appears that "eliot mansfield" started the topic, and that it was started today, but I originally started it under my user name "hoohaa" three days ago. I am not sure I understand what is going on.

They HAVE to be getting some flack about it from somebody. You would think if it were that big of a deal, they would just make a FAQ about it or something, and post it for everybody to see that talk of EMP shielding will not be tolerated. Maybe EMP shielding would put that device out of compliance with whatever that FCC reg is that says this device must accept all interference and cannot emit harmful interferance?

They HAVE to be getting some flack about it from somebody. You would think if it were that big of a deal, they would just make a FAQ about it or something, and post it for everybody to see that talk of EMP shielding will not be tolerated. Maybe EMP shielding would put that device out of compliance with whatever that FCC reg is that says this device must accept all interference and cannot emit harmful interferance?

I read up on that. Those regulations about "receiving interference" don't mean you are not allowed to do anything to stop the interference, such as shielding; rather, they mean that the FCC won't do jack about interference you are receiving on an unregistered device (such as the MS).

I wonder what would happen if I just asked about heavy shielding against excessively strong RFI and EMI under a different name.

Truly one of the more bizarre threads in the HybridZ directory.

If you are really worried about EMP you have your work cut out for you. In 1962 the military detonated a high altitude 1.4 megaton airburst over the Pacific. The EMP burst was so strong is blew out the fuses on the street lights in Hawaii over 1400 km away. Something like that could conceivable blow the fusible links in a Z.

Tubes will be of no use since the metal grids will be very effective antennas. The induced currents from long runs of wiring could even break down basic insulation and even transformer wiring.

Your only hope is to convert all open wiring to fiber optic cables and put any sensitive electronics in heavily shielded and sealed boxes. Miniature electronics and rad hardened semiconductors like they use in satellites are also highly desired.

But IMO the best way to insure you can get out of Dallas is to pack a cache of weapons in the spare tire well. That way if the Z electronics get taken out, you can easily appropriate a running vehicle and all the fuel you need.

Good luck.

Maybe your banning is not the work of the site, but is simply the work of some larger group who is trying to stem the dissemination of knowledge concerning EMP shielding of automobiles.

Think about it.

But IMO the best way to insure you can get out of Dallas is to pack a cache of weapons in the spare tire well. That way if the Z electronics get taken out, you can easily appropriate a running vehicle and all the fuel you need.

Good luck.

Maybe your banning is not the work of the site, but is simply the work of some larger group who is trying to stem the dissemination of knowledge concerning EMP shielding of automobiles.

Think about it.

I like the way you think. :cheers:

Just my .02

The mustang in War of the worlds was stolen by Tom cruise's son.

Oh yeah, for a good look on what EMP will do rent the movie "The day after"

It was made in 1983 but what happened to all the cars was realistic.

Even cars with points ignition would not run because the EMP would fry the alternator and the ignition coil. (Possibly the starter too)

Basically if you want to make your Z as EMP proof as possible, install an LD28, put a turbo on it, and keep a stock of Vegetable oil around.

This way even though your wiring would be fried, it wouldn't matter, just manually move the actuator on the diesel fuel pump and push start the car.

It's a long shot that it would start but if you survived a nuke attack your luck is pretty good already, so it would probably start.

Now you just have to get around all the lost, dazed mobs of people that would surround your running car (which would definitely be in the minority) and try to commandeer it. I doubt a Z could run too many people over before being incapacitated. It's good reading though.

posted by twoeightythreez:It's a long shot that it would start but if you survived a nuke attack your luck is pretty good already, so it would probably start.

That is so hard...you know that movie the Day After was on Sci-Fi last weekend. John Lithgow is in it.

before this thread goes any farther I am going to suggest that you guys just continue to pursue an explanation offline from msefi.com

I don't think it is appropriate on the megasquirt forum here, please post any followups or other discussion in the non-tech area. I am closing the thread because this is not a megasquirt topic, it is a why was I banned topic.