HybridZ

ArizonaZCar custom oilpan for RB26DETT

LordZ

Still just thinking about getting an S30 and the RB26DETT, but emailed Dave just to see if they had something in the works or not with all the talk about the RB26. Maybe something with a larger capacity and custom baffles like their pan for the stock motor.

He said they could make something like that, but it would take ~100 confirmed orders. I don't think there is that big of a demand yet, but maybe someone here that knows a bit more about the demand (or lack there of) might be able to get the ball rolling, or shot down from the start. :)

In other news (probably common to everyone else) they are working on something for the R-230 Z32TT rear diff for the S30s though. More details later this year.

Wish I could get rid of this 2+2TT faster so I can actually start looking for an S30 chasis and RB block to play with.

UH Yeah that would be awesome, I MEAN AWESOME. I dont know about 100+ orders but il defenatlly take 2 for a desent price. Obviously know one will pay like 500+ for a pan like this they might just custom make one for that much money realisticlly speaking. Maybe post this in a Group Buy forum in mean time to see if there is any demand for those old and new RB guys on here.

Glad to hear these good news keep us posted if you hear anything back from Dave at AZC!!!

I got to ask what is a "Decent Price" if "nobody will pay $500+ for a pan like this"...

For a custom cast pan, $500 would be a KILLER price, IMO. What kind of price range are you saying would be "decent"?

An Aviad or other custom fabricated sheetmetal pan easily has 10 hours of labor in it, and if you can find a decent fabricator for under $50 and hour you are a fortunate person indeed!

LordZ, thanks for that tidbit on the AZZC work on the R230, that is an interesting little ditty. I should have stopped by while I was in Phoenix this past week. That R230 is of interest to me for some projects in the work.

I've just been gathering info for the past week. About to venture out of my saftey domain of Z32's and the VG30DETT. :)

Doing my research right now. I'm not afraid of custom fabbing. But to have a good quality bolt on product would be nice too. Especially with the number of good products ArizonaZ puts out there for us. Glad to see a company still investing in R&D for the S30s.

I'll just keep an eye open on this thread. If we get enough interested parties I'll approach them on costs. Might be worth it to us even if we can only get 10-20 people at the start. Never know without knowning all the costs involved on ArizonaZ's side. Glad to see at least some are interested though.

I got to ask what is a "Decent Price" if "nobody will pay $500+ for a pan like this"...

For a custom cast pan, $500 would be a KILLER price, IMO. What kind of price range are you saying would be "decent"?

An Aviad or other custom fabricated sheetmetal pan easily has 10 hours of labor in it, and if you can find a decent fabricator for under $50 and hour you are a fortunate person indeed!

Well personally i cant say that if they would have this pan made for $600 i would still probably buy it. Others might not so it depends. An oil pan is an oil pan it serves its purpose even like high flow pans with a baffle kit from Greddy are like $400 AZC oil pan for L28 that was also custom made is $399. Basiclly all i am saying is when you still get this pan there will be modifcations that needs to be made to fit the rear sump and pick up which also will require some work in fabing it out.

I am not trying to say that no body would buy it for that kind of money because every RB guy that is planning to do this swap is probably a wheel man, welder, fabricator and a decent mechanic. So the only other way to make this work is to get Z31 pan for $190 and some change with the sump and pick up cut it fab it to fit and you all set since the RB20 pan was made for a rear sump. Thats just the same way that everyone has done it before or made their own pan. Saves a few bucks. And if Dave from AZC wants to make some of those pans more power to him, i just dont want to see some outrages price on it, becuase of that it wont get a high demand. :(

I remember asking AZC if they made a pan for the RB motors several years ago. While not specificaly for the RB26, I received the same answer about not being in much demand.

Jamie T. was exploring the posibility of custom cast pans for the RB26 a few months ago. I sent him a gutted cast pan for a template.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=111588