HybridZ

Rhd LS1

Hi now John from jci told me that his kit had been used in rhd cars in Uk im sure ive seen a link to a uk site with pics but cant find it does anyone know of some one who has done Rhd ls1

Finally got my motor in last night but have major problem with exhaust the jtr headers have the steering coloum running straight through the middle of where they dump out on drivers side there really isnt much space between steering shaft and starter motor even the other side looks like it will need modification to fit

The std holden extractors wont fit either really dont want to go back to std cast manifolds though im told they flow ok

At this moment im considering modifying jtr headers or make my own for drivers side to either two into one and run closer to block or two into one and create a hole for steering shaft to run through

be good if i could see how someone else has solved this

have built extractors before so it dosent daunt me

any ideas appreciated will add to pics soon to show how tight it all is

thanks Mick

That starboard side JTR header does go a long way forward. Much farther forward than is necessary to clear the starter.

Somebody just recently posted that they used some block hugger headers with their LS conversion. If you got something that collected in the middle and went straight down you should be OK.

Don't know if you have seen any pics of the JCI mounts but they did some fancy stuff to clear the steering shaft on the port side. I have a hard time believing you won't have trouble with the steering being on the other side. I would do some searching of the photo gallery of JCI mounts to get an idea of how they ran the mount on the starboard side.

thanks guys yeah im using the jci kit so i understand how they clear the steering shaft on the wrong side will search some more see if i can work out best way pic of engine in place below give u an idea how close it is

showphoto.php?photo=11123&cat=500&ppuser=11993

any help appreciated

thanks

You are in a whole lot of trouble here with the RHD. In order for the right side header to clear the steering shaft the collector on the header needs to be offset to the rear. There is a problem with this because it will hit the starter. The best solution I see for you is to use steering U-joint and pivot bearing to move the steering shaft away from everything. GL

Vinh

• 11 months later...

well its taken awhile and a 3 attempts but finally have made my rhd side extractor

tried taking 2 pipes down either side of steering shaft but wasnt enough room to fit between head and strut tower

then looked at some different headers being made for ls1 so i tried similar to what i have now but had bottom pipe going lower keeping all 4 longer than now was too close to steering rod

now my last attempt seems to fit the bill clears steering rail looks reasonable and clears damn steering shaft

pics below now im getting excited again to finish car

100_0849.JPG

100_0853.JPG

100_08551.JPG

well its taken awhile and a 3 attempts but finally have made my rhd side extractor

tried taking 2 pipes down either side of steering shaft but wasnt enough room to fit between head and strut tower

then looked at some different headers being made for ls1 so i tried similar to what i have now but had bottom pipe going lower keeping all 4 longer than now was too close to steering rod

now my last attempt seems to fit the bill clears steering rail looks reasonable and clears damn steering shaft

pics below now im getting excited again to finish car

Nice job on the header. It looks great. How low does it sit under the car? How is the ground clearance?

• 2 months later...

Hi, i am retired in Malaysia and considering doing a swap with 260Z RHD

It looks like that you have solved this problem.... bravo

Could you make me a side extractor...?

Is there any other potential problem...?

How easy is sourcing the LS1 in Australia...?

If you would give me a phone number and best time to call I will be happy to call and chat a little bit

Cheers, Frank

tastyworld88@gmail.com

Phone: 60174382271

Guest TeamNissan
www.zclub.net

John is almost right. His LS1 kit components are going into a car in

the UK but it's a US California spec 1977 280Z. Absolutely fabulous conversion. No expense is being spared on this one.

Wow, they do it well over there :x.