HybridZ

TBI SUs

Chewievette

I acctually have a set of flat tops that I want to use for this, what can I say they were cheap. I want to put the injectors in the carbs so that I can use the stock fuel inlet point and then a drill new passage up to the suction chamber.

Barking up the wrong tree fitting it inside the dome. E-Mail me.

The injectors will fit on a machined boss cut at 45 degrees from a 1X1.25" block of aluminim, the injector will enter the carb body at a 45 degree angle impinging on the center of the throttle plate at idle, and with a 3/4" thick spacer for the bottom of the float bowl will fit inside the float bowl unseen. Injector wiring can be hidden within the massive emissions hoses on a 73/74 setup, and throttle position sensor can be linked hidden, using a Kinsler Mount and rod. My setup retains the fuel inlet on the SU as a fuel feed to the injector, so putting replacement High Pressure hose (under the stock asbestos insulation) keeps all well hidden. Fast idle is easily accomplished through stock choke lever actuation and removal of the choke plate in the mouth of the carb. Some boring and welding is required, the most difficult part is the manufacture of the fuel rail adapter that must fit within VERY close quarters.

I have photos to share of the prototype if interested. It uses twin 55cc injectors, though 1100 cc units are available that would allow much more HP to be developed. Twin 550's would take the HP range of most N/A engines though...

WTF factor is very high.

BTWm if you want sleeper and turbo, then best to use the stock turbo pieces, a "blow though turbo" setup using two SU throttle bodies would add immeasurably to the complexity and make for a very difficult sealing situation, as well as limiting the injectors you can run to supply fuel. On a turbo you want precise fuel delivery into each cylinder, and with the stock N42 or any of the other EFI manifolds, you get it.

The SU Throttle Body idea is only really practical for an N/A car. And I am confident that HP could be supported well into the high 200's with such a setup, as normal SU's can support 200+hp as they are...