HybridZ

Just the right amount of rubber

I have cruised through some of the threads regarding tire size, and I am in need of advice....I'm running somewhere around 450ft/Lbs of torque. I DO NOT want to hook up with that, it'll snap everything starting from the back and working its way forward. My car has 205's all the way around, which is fine in the front, but what would it really take to run a 255 or 265 in the rear? Anyone run that size w/o adding fender flares? I'm thinking I could have the steel wheels on it 14"x6" widened to an 8 1/2", but I am skeptical of wheel widening.

Note: Stock suspensions, for now, haven’t decided on what upgrade to use.

I'm running 265/50/15 in the rear with 15x8 with a 0 offset no fender flares, but I'm running coilovers so that i don't hit the inside. The wheels are flushed right at the edge of the wheel-well. I threw on the flares to make it look a little bit more wider. hope this helps

You will hear this, so let me be the first. This subject has been touched on hundreds of times. I think we should have a sticky on it. The defence that I have for it is that it takes a huge amount of reading to sum up.

Every thread has a different goal. You know with flairs, without flairs, stock suspension, coil overs ect.ect.

But every thing that you would want to know right down the the brands IS in here. Try some creative search words. The search engine hits on the text and the titles.

I'll get ya started with these...

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=112904&highlight=tire+size

You won't break everthing unless you are talking about drag launches. I have more torque and usually hook up fine in 2nd and above and have yet to break something on the street running R compound tires. You can fit a 275 in the rear without flares with the right offset and and 8" coilover, that's what I'm running

You will hear this, so let me be the first. This subject has been touched on hundreds of times. I think we should have a sticky on it.

I had a feeling this would be a repeat question, but I do search before posting, and you are right, there are a lot of answers to specific questions. A sticky would be nice.....

I started the search for wheels, not a lot out there for a 4/4.5 bolt pattern. If only mustangs had the same bolt pattern, there are tons of choices for the old fox body.