HybridZ

MSA engine grounding kit

gb20

I just bought this to see if it would help some grounding issues. When I installed it, I first disconected the negative battery terminal, then did the instalation. As soon as I touched the terminal back to the battery, it sparked. I read back over the instructions and noticed it didn't say to disconect the negative. Could this be why it sparked once it was put back on? Why would it matter, and what happens if I need to disconect the battery later on? Thanks for any help and for your time.

Here's the kit:http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/PEIC07/12-4168

gb20

Guest jinsei888

lol it's can't be all THAT bad of a product, being that ur clock works now...haha

like mike said, double check the instructions on the install and where to place the grounds; otherwise give MSA a phone call/email

So I double and triple checked the install instructions and the only place I deviated was that I disconected the negative battery cable before begining. But, my clock works so it was just about worth the price. Now my car is unique.

gb20

• 2 weeks later...

OR you had insufficient grounding to begin with and the kit corrected that problem. I always run a couple of ten gage grounds from the battery to the vehicle on either side of the engine compartment. One of the reasons Lucas got such a bad rep with limey cars is that they seldom had sufficient "earthings" as they call it. Gee I never knew you could sell someone $8.59 cents worth of wire and terminals for Seventy. It sure is pretty tho

Guest jinsei888
OR you had insufficient grounding to begin with and the kit corrected that problem. I always run a couple of ten gage grounds from the battery to the vehicle on either side of the engine compartment. One of the reasons Lucas got such a bad rep with limey cars is that they seldom had sufficient "earthings" as they call it. Gee I never knew you could sell someone $8.59 cents worth of wire and terminals for Seventy. It sure is pretty tho

I'm gonna have to agree with roger a bit here, I did some good grounding wire for my dad's '87 BMW E28 528e and when I reconnected the negative terminal, it sparked a lot more intensely when reconnecting; low and behold there was no shortage or damage to the car apparent to this day, although the idle has smoothened significantly, radio-speak-static-when-driving has completely disappeared and the headlights and interior lights no longer dimmed when the car was pushed hard or when the turn signals where blinking...all benefits; and yes, bigger spark after reconnecting the negative terminal to the battery