HybridZ

Limit of rb25 found......pics inside

J Taylor

I know its theoretical numbers, but just from a durability standpoint its a decent marker if you know what I am saying.

Sweet numbers though man, you make me confident that I made the right motor choice. My goals are nowhere near as lofty as yours, but its sure a ton of fun as an onlooker.

You going to have a built motor at SEZ in march? Or just another longblock? I plan on being there.

Evan

Yes, the RB30 is 1 inch taller. I just thought I would throw it out there. The set up you have right now on this bottom end with the forged pistons would be insane. If you are already near 600, I would be willing to bet you would be around 750 at the same boost.

Brian

I think Brian was refering to around 750 RWHP, 800 + crank. Theres no replacemet for displaement! I say you buy Brian's RB30 bottom end :D

and Dahm, you took that thing appart quick!

Good luck in making those outragous numbers

• 2 weeks later...
are you running stock cams? 7900 is higher than I thought it would go

RB25 will go WAY past 8K with an aftermarket intake. The stock intake is rather restrictive at higher RPMs. I spin my RB25 to 8K all of the time on stock cams. It makes more than enough power to smack the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd gear. Of course you are going to need a turbo that will flow enough air to make it worth your while.

• Like 1

I think I've found the limit of a stock rb25det....somewhere around 600hp. lol. It made a shitload of power and was an absolute monster....too bad it was shortlived. Apparently the ringland is the weakest link. Venus auto sells rb25's for $800 minus turbo and accessories so I think I'm going to purchase one tomorrow to throw in the car for the time being until I can swing buying some good parts to put it in this one. I'll just have to "detune" it a bit.

I am willing to bet that if you had race gas in it, you would not have broken a piston. Do you have pictures of the top of the pistons? The RB25 and RB26 pistons are made of the same material, ie: cast. The RB26 oem pistons have made nearly 1000 crank HP at 9500. This was on C16 and no detonation though.

Well, the car should have been making around 630 to the wheels. If you figure 15-20% loss.....roughly 725-755 flywheel, right? And yeah, the auto cost me almost exactly 50 rwhp. Pretty crazy if you figure if I still had the 5 spd.....680 rwhp......what, 780+ flywheel?....on 93 octane. It's all just BS'ing but still fun to think about. lol.

JT

What turbo is on this beast?

• 2 years later...

What do you think is the maximum horsepower which is safe to run at without disaster on my daily used Nissan Skyline 1997 GTS25T. looking at upgrading to reach max potential through upgrading fuel pump, injectors, regulator and a Link g4 storm computer. What size pump and injectors would you recommend? i was thinkin 500hp pump with 650cc injectors. Currently has a T3/to4e turbo with 40mm external and a intercooler around 700x300x70 (not too sure about the size will have to check). Anyways apprieciate any help! Cheers Lionel

sad to hear man but it is good to know, from what i read he said he was shooting a 200 shot of nos is that right?if so basically anyone running in the 20's of boost should be just fine. I ran mine at 25psi for a long time before the haltech finally did the engine in. I had big problems with the haltech changing timing when ever it felt like it cuz of the stock cas wheel. I too would rev it up to 8k pretty often and rev my rb20 to 8k all the time. How much would 1 inch change everything for you?

and a Link g4 storm computer.

LinkECU have a great aftersales service and if you ring them they'll probably be able to pull previous customers specs up off the computer and give you all the details of what works and what doesn't. They're in Chch, so nott a huge phone bill like calling some US company :D

I'd also try asking on the Skylines Downunder site too, NZ and Aust use Link more than the Yanks do, and Hybridz membership is skewed towards the US, with MegaSquirt, Wolf and others dominating, Link is hardly mentioned on here.

• 2 weeks later...