HybridZ

240z 4 lug to chevy 5 lug?

these are the wheels i got for $200

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_064.JPG

they have a chevy bolt pattern i think is 5X120.7 what can i use to make these fit..Hub centric adaptor 4 to five lug ...i email modern motorsport ltd. but it would be $695 for the rear billet stub axles with the custom bolt pattern...to much for my wallet....

what else can i do any suggestions would the 4 to 5 lug adaptors work? any body have any pictures of what they look like

thanks

shim.gifWould this work if i get the 240z stub axles prepped from modern motorsport ltd for a 5x4.5 bolt pattern and get these adaptors for the chevy bolt pattern 5x4.75

trd-7070_w_m.jpg

Hardware Included:YesLug Nuts Included:NoThickness (in):1.000 in.Adapter Material:AluminumQuantity:Sold as a pair.Notes:These adapters are designed for normal passenger car use only. Not for off-road racing or other non-standard applications. Do not use more that one adapter per wheel. Install these spacers with a torque wrench, never install the spacers using an impact wrench.Wheel Adapters, Aluminum, 5 x 4.50/4.75 in. Hub to 5 x 4.75 in. Wheel, Pair These 5-lug wheel adapters mount wheels with a different bolt circle to your existing hubs. They're manufactured from high-quality cast aluminum, are 1 in. thick, and have plated, heat-treated wheel studs.

Go to http://www.skulte.com if you want to run a 4(Datsun)lug to 5 (GM) lug 2-piece adapters. There are good adapters and bad ones (type of material, correct measurements of hub/backspace/offset, and install success and failure (torgue specs). Do some research on wheel adapters, when done right your wheel choices are endless and a lesser cost than converting your hubs to 5 lug. Give Skulte a call and tell them what you have and what you want. These are custom made to fit, so price may be higher $$$$

Good Luck

Ross at Modern-Motorsports can make some quality ones for less--even though they are "custom" to your specs, I doubt they will cost you much more, if any, than their standard wheel adapters. If you buy the redrilled stubs, I'm sure he'll talk to you about the adapters. One stop shopping. My $.02 anyway.

Davy

I have converted my 280 to Chevy bolt pattern. MMC Chevy Billet stubs in the rear and Chevy hubs/rotors on the front. The stub axles were expensive and alot of work to get the brakes to work and I still needed adaptors to make the stock 4th gen Camaro wheels fit since the offset is so much on those wheels. I bought my adaptors from Andris Skulte. He runs these adaptors on his twin turbo Camaro, both drag racing and road racing, with no issues. You won't regret getting them from him.

Jody