HybridZ

What intercooler???

alexideways

What intercooler would be a good fit for the Z's nose and an stock "exept for 90mm Q45 TB & MAF" Rb25? I've tried the search option but, I think I'm just no good at it or being a french Canadian, I might have trouble choosing the right words. Thanks in advance to those who'll have the patience to answer.

I am going to try this one, since i am in same postition in finding a intercooler for my self. Is this core for RB25 or 26? I have found a couple that will work with an aftermarket intake plenum. Arizona Z car makes a pretty decent one and they sell a radiator to go with it, the end tanks are on top of the core but not modified to fit. Another one that i have found is basiclly similar one to the AZC one, its called Megan racing intercooler. Which should work also, but same thing about the end tanks they need to be modified. Price is about $400 for either one.

I am allmost thinking of getting it custom made but i cant really find anyone to make one that will have 240/260/280z on hand to test fit it.

Thanks Hotimport, I'll take a look into those.

I also tought about a custom one and came up with the same problem as you

but, I tought about a solution, make a dummy cooler with heavy cardboard and cardboard tubes, send it to your fabricator so, he'll have dimentions to work with.

I used the Megan racing one in the RBZ and it fits perfectly, you don't need to change a thing. 3 inch inlet and outlet, and I used the greddy intake Q45 throttlebody too. I clearanced the inner fender to add extra room for the intake plumbing on that side, and cut the hole larger to have wiggle room for the intake pipe on that side that goes into the intake manifold. I'll post a pic

FWIW my friend got the Megan intercooler for quite a bit less then $400 I believe it was like ~$200 and some change. Decent quality too. Fit is perfect.

Chris Rummel

you may want to use a recerc valve to avoid stalling.

Chris Rummel

Thats what I tought.

Would you happen to know of any OEM recirc. valve that would have a similar flange and would be either bolt on or easily adaptable.

I ask this cause the RB I baught, had no MAF & BOV, I baught an MAF for a Q45 for cheap and'll have the computer reprog. Now need something to use for the bypass valve. I whant to keep the car fairly stock for now and just get nit running and learn it's behavior before cranking the performance knob. Thanks.

Whilst this subject is fresh - has anyone successfully used the Arizona Z intercooler?

I bought one thinking it was made to fit my 240z but now it looks like the pipes will need to have a greater than 90 deg bend to get them back through without chopping up my front panel.

If anyone has done this please can you send me a few pics of your pipework?

Thanks