HybridZ

Quote seems high? You tell me!

Guest wgc_3

I recieved this quote today from DYI, if yall would look this over and tell me if it is correct!

MS130-C $410 Assembled Megasquirt-II ECU

MSStim21-C $75 Stimulator diagnostic board

MSRelay-C $88 Relay board

MSRelayCable $70 Cable for connecting ECU to relay board

LG-Wirebund $40 12' bundle of prelabeled wiring

IATwPiggy $21 IAT Sensor

38NPT-Bung_S $8 Bung for mounting IAT sensor (steel weld on, or JB-Weld on)

TuneCable $6.50 DB9 cable for connecting to a laptop

USB-2920 $22 (Only needed if you laptop doesn’t have a true DB9 port)

Subtotal without wideband-- $740.50

Before this is done I need to replace the o2 censors correct?

Thanks,

wgc_3

first of all, if you are getting a preassembled ecu from them, you don't really need the simulator.

second, if you think the rest of the stuff is high, you can always build it yourself. I don't have a relay board and mine works just fine. it's all about how much time you want to put into it yourself. the more thinking you want someone else to do the more expensive it's gonna get.

I got my car up and running on MS for less than 200. of course I'm using ms1 w/ ms&s extra. and lastly, junkyards are your friends.

Yes you could save some money by building it yourself, but rest assured that if you get it built from them it will be top notch. Also, their support is excellent, they have experience with many specific applications including Z's, and in fact Matt Cramer, the main guy frim DIYAuto who I have delt with at least, is on this board and I'm sure has his eye on this thread. So support couldnt be better.

I like having the stimulator on hand for troubleshooting, loading/testing new code, ETC. Its a useful tool but not 100% necessary.