HybridZ

just bought some new wheels

they were a nice birthday + christman present from my parents. they arnt anything to fancy but i love them and cant wait to put them on. which wont be for like about a month. they are 3 piece 14in volk racing wheels. i do have some odd brand of wheels right now that are pretty cool that i will sell once i put my new ones on they are kinda turbine like with black centers and a silver lip. ill take pictures later and if any of you guys want them message me.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/sorealsosurreal/volk.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/sorealsosurreal/volk2.jpg

• 6 months later...

if anyone even kept up on this i had the centers bead blasted and powder coated flat black and the outer lip nicely polished and i got all new hardware for bolting them back together so as soon as i get some time they will be bolted together then i have to buy some new tires. damnit im just burning a bigger and bigger hole in my pocket. pics soon i hope

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Soreal-nice wheels, (kinda catchy..) :)

First off, nice wheels. Looking forward to seeing them on the car. :mrgreen:

Being as you are using Photobucket for your picture hosting, you can actually embed those pics in your posts. If you are interested, just click the link below, and being as you already have the hard part figured out, so just skip down to #3 and #4.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=123389

You can continue to link your pics if you choose, just thought I’d throw this out there just in case you wanted to embed them..

Nice wheels,

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

anyone interested in these wheels ive come across some other ones i like more. i know this sounds expensivebut id like to atleast get a grand for them because thats how much i put into them in buying them and blacting them and powdercoating and all the new hardware. and take into acount that you will probably never ever see these wheels anywhere else they were manufactured in 1986 by volk with stickers and and stamping to prove it. true 3 piece wheels

I don't think you're supposed to use silicon to seal those, there is a Dow Corning adhesive that www.kodiakracingwheels.com suggested I use to put together the mythical wider rim sections I was pricing from them, but I don't recall the exact part number. Nice wheels by the way, if I were swimming in money and space I would definitely buy them, but as it is I've already got wheels coming out of my ears...