HybridZ

suggestions for career change?

randy 77zt

22 year experience ford technician just got laid off.all the local dealerships are losing business and i am very tired of working on cars.if the dealerships do hire they hire very young guys or people from south of the border and dont pay much.the dealer i was working at was the only union shop for 80 miles.most shops pay by piece work/flat rate.i think its time to move out of california.if i sell my house i can afford to buy some real estate somewhere else-or buy a house or 2 to fix and sell .any suggestions on good places where property prices havent sunk to much and local economy is stable?

Randy,

Sorry to hear you got laid off. I'm near charlotte NC. Nascar is big around here and the surround towns. Also look at Raleigh NC and columbia SC. All have thriving diversified economies.

I'm sure there are lots of places like this throught the country.

Randy,

Sorry to hear you got laid off. I'm near charlotte NC. Nascar is big around here and the surround towns. Also look at Raleigh NC and columbia SC. All have thriving diversified economies.

I'm sure there are lots of places like this throught the country.

Second that! I'm just south of Greensboro (Asheboro) Lots of industry around looking for mechanically inclined people. You can buy a decent house in a subdivision for 100k, land is available, just depends on what you want.

chris