HybridZ

project custom leather sparco covers

J__

so i got a good source to get custom leather seat covers made. decided to rip off an old sparco sprint cover and send it to them to use as a template for some nice leather ones since the used sparcos i bought was in pretty bad condition and i wanted leather ones anyway =P. we'll they've been sitting in my living room for a month now and its time to put them on :D

tools:

IMG_5992.jpg

new leather seat cover pulled over the seat frame (sorry didnt take a picture of the frame, and too lazy to take off the cover once i did have it on):

IMG_5994.jpg

old seat cover:

IMG_6012.jpg

hole punching the bottom with a paper hole punching (try punching through 2 layers of leather 40 times.... i can barely move my fingers now):

IMG_6005.jpg

clamping on a metal welting so the leather wont rip:

IMG_6006.jpg

zap strapping the cover to the frame to pull it tight:

IMG_6008.jpg

finished the strapping:

IMG_5999.jpg

cutting the holes for the seat belt hole:

IMG_6009.jpg

final product:

IMG_5995.jpg

IMG_5996.jpg

IMG_5997.jpg

IMG_5998.jpg

x2:

IMG_6010.jpg

total cost was $70 cad. for both covers lol. but thats cuz i got them made in china. gave my dad the old sparco covers that i ripped off one of the seat (drove around for 4 months on the frame and foam...) then he went to an automotive seat upholster in china. bargained them down to $70 to make a pair of leather ones. brought it back and installed myself.

otherwise from the upholsters here, it would be $700cad for custom leather ones made from scratch like these.....