HybridZ

putting my L26 back together: piston cleanup pics!!!

OlderThanMe

Well I pretty much talked myself out of the thing that there is anything wrong with my engine. I found that the flywheel bolts had backed out 8-O a little bit. I had torqued them down but I think I need new ones and to use proper lock-tite.

Anyway...this is right after removing my piston...

m48491074.jpg

And after a quick sanding and polishing. It's OTM's face!!! with a broken jaw! You can sort of see the rubber bands in my mouth holding my jaws together. I think this will help keep heat out of the piston a little bit. Anyway if it does NOTHING for performance it is cool :-)

m60482432.jpg

Unfortunately the camera that took the nice top pic got damaged in my bike wreck so I have to use this older camera on the bottom pic.

V8 (or soe other engine) plans are still there but I just want to have my car back together and mobile in 2 weeks.

2 pistons down, 4 to go!

I had lost about 18 pounds since the day I got injured. I have gained back a few pounds since I am at home and have access to better food (liquified). For a guy that is 6ft tall and was almost 160 pounds that is not that great. I got as low as 142 pounds but have gained a few pounds back.

If anyone wants a good diet: tie your jaws together!!!

• 3 months later...
I had lost about 18 pounds since the day I got injured. I have gained back a few pounds since I am at home and have access to better food (liquified). For a guy that is 6ft tall and was almost 160 pounds that is not that great. I got as low as 142 pounds but have gained a few pounds back.

If anyone wants a good diet: tie your jaws together!!!

dont ask me how i found this thread but im 6' and 130lbs.

Guest TeamNissan

Wow that sucks olderthenme. I wouldnt worry about the lbs though, I'm 6'1" and 138.5lbs lol. My advice to keep your lbs up its to drink those "boost" drinks after every meal or well shake :-/ you drink. I got REALLY sick like 6 weeks ago and ended up loosing 20lbs putting me at 130lbs, which is disgusting. After 6 weeks of bad eating like always but lots of boosts I'm up 8.5 lbs.

Guest TeamNissan

Ya its true lol, they used to make me do that for soccer in hs. Be carefull though that abuses your knees and you will pay for it later, wear those flexy braces even if there isnt a prob now and you will be very gratefull in say 10 years lol.

I'm glad to hear your just about recovered.