HybridZ

White Face Gauges Kilometres

dzeyene

Hi guys,

Ive searched all through out the forum trying to get the white face gauge template but the only one i can find is with miles not kilometers. Surely someone on this forum has one with the kilometres even if it has both miles and kilometers. Thanks guys..:)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scan me a real size 100% version of the stock guages ( i dont wanna take mine apart... i likey my guages =D )

and I can make you a real life size 100% version of white face guages that you can give to anyone who will make them for you.

I BELIEVE (not sure) that if you were to make white face guages that light up all one colour, you can just get EL Foil and get someone to print on it, in the proper spot (with both "bus"es on the bottom) and it is very easy.

The HARD version of making these are the ones with the white face that DOESNT light up at night, and only the numbers do. This one, if I am not mistaken, is made the same way as the other one... printed the same way.. etc... BUT, there is another opaque white sheet that has the letters laser cut through the plastic, and then glued into place properly using an acetone or something.

the reason for this is that the EL FOIL luminescense can shoot through the ink that the numbers are printed with, if printed properly. BUT they cannot shoot through opaque plastic.

hopefully you know what i meenz.

hey thanks for the replies guys i myself cant pull my gauges out cos its a daily driver. Surely someone has them out or has the time to.

240Zed have u already scanned them in if someone has, careless can do it just post up pics of the gauges scanned in at full size.

This would be great for all of us that have kms not mph

Ben

hey thanks for the replies guys i myself cant pull my gauges out cos its a daily driver. Surely someone has them out or has the time to.

240Zed have u already scanned them in if someone has, careless can do it just post up pics of the gauges scanned in at full size.

This would be great for all of us that have kms not mph

Ben

i have my guages, but i can't scan them because i dont own such a device.

I can make really nice guages in Illustrator.

I'm a graphic designer and i have a catalogue of over 50,000 fonts, and I'm very particular about type-setting characters properly, so you guys should have show ready art to manufacture if you get me to do it :icon32:

scan me a real size 100% version of the stock guages ( i dont wanna take mine apart... i likey my guages =D )

and I can make you a real life size 100% version of white face guages that you can give to anyone who will make them for you.

I BELIEVE (not sure) that if you were to make white face guages that light up all one colour, you can just get EL Foil and get someone to print on it, in the proper spot (with both "bus"es on the bottom) and it is very easy.

The HARD version of making these are the ones with the white face that DOESNT light up at night, and only the numbers do. This one, if I am not mistaken, is made the same way as the other one... printed the same way.. etc... BUT, there is another opaque white sheet that has the letters laser cut through the plastic, and then glued into place properly using an acetone or something.

the reason for this is that the EL FOIL luminescense can shoot through the ink that the numbers are printed with, if printed properly. BUT they cannot shoot through opaque plastic.

hopefully you know what i meenz.

I have a full size set of 240Z, and maybe even a 280Z white face gauges printed on paper. I could send them or scan them to you if you want. These are in MPH. let me know

Ok, so i got some tach and guage scans from a fellow member.

Let me know what you guys want to see me have done to these things.

Any prefered fonts? Any prefered Sizes? Lines? etc etc?!

I could make copies of the stock guages but in white. I think the font used is a Condensed Univers or Impact font.

It wouldn't be that hard. But I can't guarantee that it's spot on either, but I will try my best.

Who's down for some requests?

mate ur awesome are they in km not miles tho?? i wreckon just white and itd be even more awesome if you cud send me the illustrator file aswell so i can play with fonts line colours etc?? thanks again mate... Ben:grin:

I have the guages in my email. Don't the original guages have KM under the MPH? (mine is in a box, i can't remember)

if someone can scan the original black guage, this could be 10 times easier for me. LOL. =)

It could be already done.

• 2 weeks later...

i have some guages that someone sent me

I just haven't had the time to get them into illustrator, because I now live on my own and have things to do outside on the weekends. but it's getting snowy and cold here, so Im sure i will find time soon.

By all means, don't rely on me if you're waitin for them, i do this for hobby. LOL.

IF you wanna try your hand at it, feel free.

thanx man i really apreciate this atleast its on its way if you can, can u just post the scans or email them to irradiate.designs@gmail.com and ill give it a crack.. Ben

will do tomorrow, as soon as i get home.

currently working on macosx on my pc, so i have to reboot in order to get the guages and post them.

macosx on pc is gyeangstuh =)