HybridZ

White Face Gauges Kilometres

dzeyene

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys there is a guy on ebay in full production of white face guages for the s130's think it costs about 30 bucks usd. he can even custom put anything on them, or build any white face guage for any vehicle. i got a thread going on zdriver, in the s130 section, interior

hey guys, im really sorry bout the long wait.

Ive just been swamped with work, and i usually come on hybridz to make posts in between garage sessions with me and my zee and whatever else pulls up into my driveway that needs work.

i still have the JPEGs of he guages, and i'll post them when i get home.

• 2 weeks later...

caught me at the right time!

I was just home, and managed to check my emails and found the zip file.

these are in MPH, so someone would have to modify them. I know I said I was going to, but put yourself in my shoes.

I work on a computer all day, designing stuff in graphics programs.

Coming home and sitting infront of the computer is my worst nightmare, unless it's to cross-reference Z stuff.

so here they are. someone else work on it for now, and when it gets close to final, I can come in and redo it quickly and have it prepped for print or something.

240z.JPG

280z-2.JPG

280z-3.JPG

280z-4.JPG

280z-5.JPG

280z.JPG

• 11 months later...
nah its a scan but the scanner isnt the best. will have to try again on a diff scanner

Well it's a start. But I gotta ask if there is a possibility for you to rescan the gauges again but this time....

try it at 1200 DPI. clean the glass on the scanner. align them as well as possible. at 90 degrees or better yet, imagine a grid on the scanner, align them so they are as close as possible to even. straight up and down and NOT crooked or angled.

I did the Volt meter last night but I can't straighten it out to an even 180 degrees because pivoting the image causes pixels to kick out of place.

I'd love to take on this project, as I've done my own Speedometer because MSA did'nt have one available. I did a write up on it at Classiczcars.com but the site is down at the moment, so I can't show you a link.

Also, I don't know Metric. I can't read the metrics on most of the scans, If some one could tell me what the oil pressure is measured in (Kg/cm1)? and what the Temp is measured in? 1g?

Here's what I did for my speedo. and a pic of the Volt meter (still off by 2 degrees and I can't straighen it properly.

white face gauge showing needle setting_thumb.JPG

DSC04272_thumb.JPG

White volt meter face_thumb.JPG

I don't know why you guys would just scan them and leave them as is.

I would scan it at any angle, correct the angle, save it, and import it into Adobe Illustrator, and vectorize it, so you can resize it if need be.

That is the way it should be done so that any manufacturer can use the file properly.

I totally agree, but.... would'nt scanning it at the correct workable angle save some time? Especially for people like me who'd like to help but have no Adobe Illustrater and a computer that likes to tell me "out of Memory"

Here's what I got so far. Just need a Laser Printer, that'll handle the non-reflective adhesive backed Vinyl I just ordered. It's got a thick backing paper.

before and after or black and white

KMPH Speedo WHITE 4 13 X 4 12 adjusted_thumb.JPG

KPH Speedo black_thumb.JPG

If I had time to do such a thing for you guys, I would.

Maybe I can do it on the next weekend. Don't hold your breathe.

If you like it the way it is, then use 'em... but I personally would not use a scan for something textual.

That's just how I do it at work, so I wouldn't do it any other way.

• 4 weeks later...