HybridZ

I went to paint prison to visit the z!

dr_hunt

More pics are in my photo album under members gallery. There's some vid links on here for SEZ 6 I think.

The DSM again eh. Well, that little DSM is getting tuned today and going to the track tomorrow afternoon running 118 octane race gas and 35lb of boost.

We'll see what it does. I got to drive it the other night and it's a solid 12 second car at 14lb boost. Those cams and stroke really made a difference. Well, that and I did alot of port work as well for the bigger valves.

To bad you live in Kentucky!

Now the body shop guy just called and he wants me to build him a sbc for his camaro. Love it.

Hey doc...

That looks an awfull lot like the door from the Pinks car on the drivers side...

:burnout:

Close, but the pinks drivers door is still on the pinks car which should be headed to SuperDan soon. Mine was jersey satin black also but more original than the pinks car, faster door too.

The DSM is one awesome motor would make a neat hybridz if one were to stuff that in one. They make an adaptor plate for a chevy trans to convert them to RWD!!!

Mus, why not stick a powerglide behind it and use it RWD for the Z, like those guys from Buscher Racing did for that Starion? Oh, I see Doc just mentioned something along those lines...somebody agreed with my idea, so that means: Validation!

Anyway, what color are you going to paint it, doc? Flat black with snow camo?

never really seen your car until now, and those slicks out back are HUGE!! looks great without the paint, but then again i like the "rat" look

Not that big really, 29.5x9x15's. Yup, only 9 inches wide!

Good to see progress being made. Do you need me to send anything to it while it is in jail, maybe some car magazines, or some bolt cutters in a cake :wink:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Some alcohol would be nice I think and maybe a file. Oh, those probably aren't on the approved list huh.

Well if you ever want another full dash you know who to go to... :-D

I should be getting a little TIG machine in the next few months so I can make the dashes at my house and not have to use my old welding school's shop...I had not done any corner joints on aluminum before that half dash so some of it got ugly but once I figured it out I could run a couple inches of weld at a time.

I started doing practice by welding cola cans together at the bottom. I never got all the way around though without blowing it out. I made about 60 degrees around the cans before they blew out. The thicker dash aluminum is much easier to weld.