HybridZ

Could a z car lift it front tires off the ground

IF the CG of the Z is low enough (close to the height of the rear axle), it will not contribute much to front wheel lift force. By squatting, the CG of the car gets even lower and may even have the reverse effect, pushing the front wheels down.

That would only be true if the CG was pushed below the centerline of the rear axles.

Push on the corner of an object and it will try to spin about the CG. The farther the corner is from the CG, the greater the torque and the more the object will try to spin. Push the object directly toward's it's CG and it will move, but not spin (rotate).

So if the car squats so much the CG drops in line with the rear axles, no rotation, no lift, just straight line acceleration.

Longer wheel base cars have an advantage in that the CG is farther in front of the rear wheels. This torque counteracts the rotation torque applied by the rear wheels.

Guest JAMIE T

I've been thinking of making snubbers for the control arms to run at the drag strip. I'd make the removable so you could keep travel while normal driving. You guys think that would work with a full drag slick? I have a feeling it might start to hook up but then just unload the tires. What about stiff rear springs like above 300lbs? I've been putting this traction thing into consideration since the RB26 will be putting the plus side of 600 hp to the wheels. I think I've worked out the axles breaking and stub axles breaking. I'm going to make a thread about my idea when I'm alittle further along.

Guest ALL UC2

here is an easy way to pull the front wheels, buy my 240z that i have already installed a 9" in and an ls1. i tried to post in the classifieds but something was messed up. dont know.

if anyone wants some more info or pics email me at rsuits@hotmail.com

hate to sell it but i am in the middle of building a house and have a baby on the way too. kinda forced to.

more info: disk brake 9" narrowed already and in car with hal qa1 coilovers, f-body gas tank, back halfed( can fit 325 tire under it) 2000 ls1 installed with 4l60e and more.

And Scotty, I take if you have a fetish of putting GN motors in....well.....everything??

It would seem that way but not reaaly. When I find a drivetrain with better price/performance/economy/lightweight/durability, I will try it. However, my 2 previous hybrid Zs were Chevy 350 SBCs. My other hybrids, including some built before many of you were born, include: VW Bug/140hp Corvair, MGB/3.8L N/A Buick, Vega GT/215ci Buick, 914/Chevy 302 and some Sumbeam Tigers.

Just tore my shortblock apart after 5yrs, 4mos and 500+ passes because some coolant got into the crankcase from the blown head gaskets and scored a couple of main bearings. Hard to find anoher package that can top that.