HybridZ

The little DSM update

dr_hunt

Well, Tony took the car to get tuned friday and yesterday (sunday) we met the guy Sean at the track and made some runs.

Baseline 14psi boost 12.90@112, 32psi boost 11.70@126

It has alittle more but the plugs are about 2 ranges too hot and the fuel pump isn't keeping up. We changed injector duty cycle from 77% to 88% and had no change in AFR. That coupled with the spark plugs kept us from pluggin in another 5 degrees of timing and more fuel.

But since the car weighs 3440 and there were two large sized guys in the car. Tony weighs 265 and the other guy is over 230 when you figure the trap speed that little DSM motor is making 593HP which is close to the limit of the gt35r turbo. So all is good in DSM land now!

Oh, there was a sick supra with a 3jz engine laying down 900rwhp that had to turn the boost to 22 psi to lay down a 10.97@136 number! Too good not to watch.

Skinny, small poeple are so helpful, haha. I have a friend whos like 120 and a pretty stout driver. I use him when I need the best possible time, haha.

Ive been so damn impressed with the DSM's. I think I'm gonna look for a 92 without a motor and find a 90 motor (6 bolt with an oil cooler) and swap it in. When it comes to it though, and 6 bolt car will be fine, I'll just have to J/Y the LSD or something. I cant decide on the ABS or not.. if I want it on the car. Its nice, dont get me wrong, but adds weight, though I dont think its hugely significant. *shrug*