HybridZ

show your shop/garage thread (origanization tips to!)

hoov100

Well, if Slownrusty's garage is pristine, I'll show you just the opposite. My garage is unique. The house use to be owned by an auto dealer, and one of the bays of the 4 car garage leads down into the basement where he kept an extensive car collection:

To the right is my FD3S, in the process of receiving an LS7

303296891_7fbca2bd0f_m.jpg

Just at the bottom of the ramp. That's a Cobra Kit car on the left, and its chassis straight ahead. I'm gonna sell it to some rich middle age dude going through a midlife crisis to finance my other projects. Those yellow couches (the oldest, crappiest I could find) you see are the start of another project. I'm creating a little lounge area like Wayne's World. I'm putting a crappy TV there to watch football. There will be a dorm fridge for beer, and I made a coffee table out of an engine block (a Ford of course) for the base and some plywood for the top

303291066_e4f0be1b19.jpg

Another shot of the Cobra shell and my metal fab stuff

303291059_022226415d.jpg

The Z car, of course

303291057_a4ffb4e0c5.jpg

I know the place is a mess, but I'm a busy guy, and a slob to boot. It's a great place to work. Nice and warm. I also made a little bullet trap (just past the Cobra chassis) to shoot 22's when I get bored-wife won't let me shoot when she's in the house though.. It's a true man's paradise.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right Hoov. I've showed you less than half of the basement. It's kind of spooky down there and you don't have to put thoughts of dead bodies in my head (who's to say I didn't stash an ex or two?). There's also a "panic room" like in the movie. If civilization ends, I could spend my time down there building cars.

Wow Silicone interesting!!! Especially how there is drive down ramp like an old apartment building under the house. Neat concept - that must have cost a fortune to originally build! So how many cars can you fit down there, it looks huge. Where abouts in Denver are you?

Regards - Yasin

Thanks, Dale. The other Z's are in this corner... :-)

Don

Other Z's???? Don, you've been holding out on us! Are you still using the orange car as a daily driver or is it pretty much designated as a track car now? Man, with gas prices the way they are, you are a brave man if you drive it daily. It's the fastest Z car I've ever driven...10.9's correct? You and Mike Dennis have been my inspiration!!

Hey, sometime this summer I'll drive down to visit you. Just make sure you're brewing something :mrgreen:

Your 'garage' looks fantastic :2thumbs:

Davy

Other Z's???? Don, you've been holding out on us! Are you still using the orange car as a daily driver or is it pretty much designated as a track car now? Man, with gas prices the way they are, you are a brave man if you drive it daily. It's the fastest Z car I've ever driven...10.9's correct? You and Mike Dennis have been my inspiration!!

Hey, sometime this summer I'll drive down to visit you. Just make sure you're brewing something :mrgreen:

Your 'garage' looks fantastic :2thumbs:

Davy

Thanks, Davy. I'll have a cold homebrew in the fridge for you!

I drive the V8Z to work 4 days a week. I cut back to 2 days when gas was over $3.

I'm still waiting for a 10.9 timeslip. My best is 11.16, most recent is 11.36.

:cheers:

Don

• 3 weeks later...