HybridZ

Z32 Manual Transmission problems

seth

I am going to start off by saying that I am at my wit's end...

But here goes, I just finished dropping a Z32 transmission into my 260. After having the transmission apart and back together I was able to run through all the gears. I checked again when i installed my drive-shaft, all 5 gears and reverse. Then i had some spacing problems with the clutch, there is a thread about it, and i removed the transmission several times to fix that. Anyway now I only get get into 2nd 4rd and reverse! I can feel the gate of 3rd but it will not go in. It is almost like the gears are locked out!

To top it off the battery was mostly dead and it stalled and wouldn't start up at the end of my driveway last night... so today i am getting it back in the garage, if anyone has an idea or experience with this transmission i will take any ideas.

Thanks

• 3 years later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I was wondering if the people who swapped in the z32 transmissions have had any syncro problems or is this just a bunch of adspeak here.

http://www.z1motorsports.com/product_info.php?currency=USD&products_id=1684

I am looking to getting a newer 5 speed behind the L28et I am planning out right now. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.