HybridZ

new bike R1 or sv1000?

hoov100

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh nad my vote goes for an Aprillia Super motor, or any supermoto bike for that matter. I was was in the local aprillia dealership today looking at one and man they are baddass, looks like they would be tons of fun and make a good run about bike as well.

supermoto's are really fun, but there not great for a streetbike. They break alot with street use and can't really keep on on fast roads comfortably. My friend has a drz400, xr650r moto, and there fun for tight turns and stuff like that, but not most driving on the street, and the highway? forget about it..lol but if i had alot of money i'd have a couple... :-D

Guest Crispy Chicken
Crispy Chicken Looks like your a little defensive.

Im just trying to share my expriences, Ive never had a single problem with a Honda. I have three good buddies with yahmaha's. And ill review, One blew his r1 in less then a year doing wheelies, another has nagging electrical problems on his r6(likes to cut all electrical power while riding) also had second gear go out, and the other switched from a honda 600rr to a r1 and complains constantly of build quality. Thats all.

I personally have owned several Honda sport bikes and loved them. I currently have a few Honda dirt bikes and a Honda 125 shifter kart. Honda nor Yamaha make there own transmissions, They are made by other companies. The main differences you'll find in these bikes are geometry, wheel base, weight, power/power bands etc.. If there is a small problem with one particular model. There are usually a few good points that are better than the next model. Pretty much my only point is. It's hard to scrutinize the reliability of one particular Jap bike. They are so close to comparison this makes it all most impossible to compare the reliability.

I ride with a group of about 20 people pretty often. I have seen the same types of problems with every single manufacturer. I have a few friends that work in different shops, Clearwater Powersports, Riva Yamaha, Honda, Kawi and Barneys Yamaha which sells Honda and aprilia's too. If you walk into the shops, you'll see every single make of bike. With problems, warranty complaints, service and broken parts.

When ever I hear people talk about how much BETTER and far superior their Japanese motorcycle is than the next Japanese motorcycle. I want to shoot my self in the head. These Japanese bikes are all extremely well built and designed especially when compared to other manufacturers around the world. As far as your friend switching from a Honda 600rr to a r1 complaing constantly of build quality. I would say he shouldn't own a bike to begin with or a car and any other mechanical device made in the past 100 years. He might not even live on the same planet as us. If he owned a CBR 1000, GSXR 1000 or ZX10r I would say the same exact thing..

The first day I got my 05 zx10r. I let my buddy Eddie ride it, after going up and down the street a few times. He came back and started telling me every single thing that was wrong with it. How it rode like ♥♥♥♥. His frist gear is so much peppyer . His gas tank looks better. That I need to bring it in for warranty because the engine sounds weird. That I need a alignment "which is impossible" unless something is bent. Pretty much how his 04 r1 is so much better in every way possible. This is coming from a extremely competitive jealous person. That thinks every single thing he owns is the absolute best. Before he rode it, he knew people claimed the zx10r was the quickest 1000 out. I suppose he couldn't bare the thought.. I ended up selling the bike to my friend Jack and whenever Jack leaves him on the highway Eddie has 100 excuses.

Pretty much my only point is. People are clueless. When talking about these sorts of things. They usually don't know a whole lot more than what their friends tell them.. Same with cars........

supermoto's are really fun, but there not great for a streetbike. They break alot with street use and can't really keep on on fast roads comfortably. My friend has a drz400, xr650r moto, and there fun for tight turns and stuff like that, but not most driving on the street, and the highway? forget about it..lol but if i had alot of money i'd have a couple... :-D

My business parnter has owned several Supermotos, Including a Fast-BY-Feracci Huskvarna and his current KTM560. If you're just riding back roads or road course, they're as much fun as any bike for several hours of riding. Barry hasn't had trouble with his KTM at all, but the Huski was nothing but trouble. And forget about keeping up with him on a roadcourse on that thing... It walks everybody that isn't on a Supermoto at track days... They catch him in the straights, and he walks them in the corners...:2thumbs:

Mike