HybridZ

jet hot stock turbo manifold?

zeiss150

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone ever Jethot coated the Stock Turbo Exaust manifold and if so how much does it lower the temp under the hood?

are the any other benifits to getting it coated? Like will the turbo spool up faster? does it mess with the O2 sensor? Can the cast iron take the heat?

Just wondering, Matt-

Their are quite a few of us L6 guys that have had their manifolds Jet Hot coated. It really depends on your total package as to what affect it will have on spool up....

On a total stock set up, I don't think you will notice much difference in spool up, but if your running a newer all ball bearing turbo, and tuned correctly, I'd bet you could feel the difference.

It will, for sure, help to keep your under hood temps down. I noticed a drastic difference in radiant heat. Everything close to the turbo was even cooler...

I can't see it affecting the O2 sensor... and yes, the cast iron can take the coating....

If you coat the inside of the turbo housing wont that mess with the clearences between the turbin blades and the housing and will that mess with performance? How much does it cost to get the manifold coated? Thanks for the replies! Matt-

I too wonder about coating the inside? My turbo is in mint condition(ie. No rust) and I would like to coat it if possible to help with efficiency, and prolounge the life of it.