HybridZ

performance brake pads for upgrade

I am working on an upgrade on a 240z, toyota calipers up front and maxima calipers in rear. I have found hawk pads for the rear but I have the narrow calipers for the front that take the solid rotors. As of yet I have not found pads that work in those rotors. I have looked under the hawk website but they don't list a pad for that year 4x4 truck. I didn't know if the pads from the later year truck or the other caliper options were interchangeable. I also had intended to run hawk pads at all four wheels but I didint know if that was neccessary.

Thanks, Charles

I run Axxis Metal Masters on my WRX and my wifes Legacy wagon. For the street they feel incredible. They feel very grabby and modulate well right from cold. I don't know how they are on a track. They are available for the toyota upgrade. The only downfall is that they make black dust.

I found this place very helpful. http://www.brakewarehouse.com they know ALOT about brakes and will help you search for the right pad no matter what caliper you run. When I called, they helped me to find pads that would fit in an unidentifed caliper I had.

Charles

You may have to experiment with different pads until you find one that fits the type of driving that you do. For everyday street use, with occaisional performance stops, I have found that stock OEM Toyota pads are ok-never any fade. I have used KVR pads on my v8 Z and my stock Z and they work well for everyday street use.

I am installing the Toyota vented rotor upgrade this weekend and will be using KVR pads.

Miles