HybridZ

240Z long-tube header pics

rytherwr

Mike, they are made specifically for the 240-260Z with JTR mounts...(according to Loren at S&S)...He says they won't work with 280Z, not sure why. My current blockhuggers are 1 7/8 pipes and the bends are shallow enough to where I had to relocate the steering and box the frame on the passengers side, so I shouldn't have a problem at all....with the exception of a big 'S' turn to mate up with my side pipe inlets. Will post when I get them on.

Wayne

The S&S's clear the steering shaft, close but no interference, spark plug clearance is good, starter clearance is good, they hang pretty low on the pass side, and the collectors are very close to the footwells. They will probably work fine if you're running the car fairly high. If it's low. like mine, ground clearance on the pass side is an issue. They are very nicely made, with good fit and finish.

John

Mike, they are made specifically for the 240-260Z with JTR mounts...(according to Loren at S&S)...He says they won't work with 280Z, not sure why. My current blockhuggers are 1 7/8 pipes and the bends are shallow enough to where I had to relocate the steering and box the frame on the passengers side, so I shouldn't have a problem at all....with the exception of a big 'S' turn to mate up with my side pipe inlets. Will post when I get them on.

Wayne

Now that's good info to note.

Wayne

That's not true, but I don't doubt it's what they told you. If they were made specifically for early Z's with JTR, they would not hang as low on the passenger side, nor would they dump right into the footwells.

They were actually made for 28-5x Chevy's, but happen to fit our Z's. They work with both the JTR and the hooker/scarab kits. I can't confirm if they work with the MSA kit, but MSA sells the same headers (they even drop ship them direct from S&S). Others here have noted how low they hang with JTR(Mikelly and others). From my experience, they actually work better with the hooker/scarab kits.

I seem to recall someone trying to get them to make a set specifically for Datsun Z's with JTR, but they couldn't get S&S to work with them...