HybridZ

Z432 color opinions

yoogener

Sparky,

Going into the full differences between a PZR bodyshell and any one of the other 'ordinary' bodyshells would fill a small book. They really were quite radically different - .

Thanks for the info Alan, I had no idea that they were that different, even though it makes total sense that they would be. I would imagine that not many survived, and the ones that did trade rarely and for ridiculous prices...

I'm going to put one on my unobtainium wish list :lol: doesnt hurt to think and dream big...I hope. :)

fascinating info, and always appreciated, thanks again.

A perusing of the 1972 Fairlady Z parts book will open your eyes to those "invisible" changes. All through there the annotations "All Exc PZR" are found. You will find "L20-S20 All" and the occasional "PZR", but the items Alan is referring to that confound most people would be the "L20-S20 All Exc. PZR" annotations. Meaning a "pedestrian" 432 would have the same part as any other Fairlady, but that the PZR, even though technically an S-20 Specification, would have something different again.

Which still leads me to the question where my "100 Liter Special Vehicle" came from (S30-110661, "The Car that should never have been.") LOL

And yes, as others mentioned I did indeed mean S31. It's a subgroup. While the Export RHD vehicles were RS30's during those final years, the JDM vehicles were S31, to distinguish the EFI Equipped bodyshell from the Non-EFI Equipped Export S30's going everywhere in the RHD world... Only the USA got those HLS30's (EFI Equipped!) in the 280Z...

• 1 year later...