HybridZ

rebuilding stock turbos to higher hp! WHAT ARE YOU RUNNING?

neorazz

Nevermind. I tapped it again and it came out. Now here is the real question. Should I buy the full rebuild kit or the partial one?

There are atleast two different compressor seals. I don't know which one you need by looking at that kit but if there is a local turbo (diesel) shop near you you can get what you need for less. You don't need some of what is included in that kit.

When rebulding' date=' is there any place to buy a new upgraded compressor wheel so that it can go back together as an upgraded turbo? I have looked but could only kind one supplier for wheels but their site doesnt give any guidance as to which flows what.

heres what i have found. http://www.turbocharged.com/catalog/comp_wheels.html[/quote']

IMO it is a waste of money to only upgrade the compressor side. Yes it can flow more air but the turbine is still the restriction. Upgrading the turbine side will gain even more hp over doing just the front. Price wise it is probably best to sell the stocker and buy the right turbo for your power goals.

IMO it is a waste of money to only upgrade the compressor side. Yes it can flow more air but the turbine is still the restriction. Upgrading the turbine side will gain even more hp over doing just the front. Price wise it is probably best to sell the stocker and buy the right turbo for your power goals.

I couldn't agree more. No sense in upgrading the compressor if you can't move the additional air through the exhaust. Back pressure will cause you nothing but trouble. Trust me!

alright, that makes the decision easier. My plan is to use the stock turbo to get a rebuilt motor running on megasquirt and through emissions and such and then upgrade to the GT35R. As you guys said, no sense upgrading the stocker, specially when i already have plans to get a better turbo later.