HybridZ

dyno vs Autometer d-pic and g-tech pro

280zex

ok most of you know the g-tech. The autometer d-pic is roughly the same thing but in a 2&116 inch guage. The d-pic does rwhp the g-tech does rwhp and torque. The g-tech says I have 168.5 hp and 171 torque. The autometer said 155 hp. I had to scale the car with me inside for the guage setup information. Me the car and 15 tank gas weighs 2750 lbs.

Here's the dyno printout from yesturday:

12-02-2006.jpg

When I first got the car it was all stock and this is the dyno printout:

DYNO7-28-2005.jpg

I installed ms, 60mm tb, new flow matched injectors 185ccmin@37 lbs fuel, 6 to 1 tuned header 2&58 exhaust and flowmaster xxl stainless muffler. The IAT circuit was giving me some trouble and was reading a -40 degrees ambiant air temp. So the gamma fuel rate was at 122%. I need to get a cam in this thing and fix the IAT wire then off to the dyno again. I have the MS datalog from the dyno run if any is interested. Questions, comments and suggestions needed at this point. the engine is an all stock L28F54 block and N47 head. stock ignition. accel super stock coil. stock intake manifold ported for the 60mm tb. cold air intake. outside temp was 44 degrees the day of the dyno run.

Within 10HP is pretty good given the cost. As long as it's repeatable then seems like the G-Tech or other unit would do well for people doing tuning at a distance from the dyno.

I know with the WBO2, and the printouts from the PASS G-Tech, you could get darned close to fully tuned before going to the dyno for "illegal speed required load points"!

BTW, my old 1st gen G-Tech was within 2 hp of my Dynojet run.

Curiously mine ran 147 on the dynojet as well! Similar mods as you: 60mm TB, stock manifold ported for T/B, cast iron manifold using MSA downpipe to 2.5" crush-bent exhaust, with glasspack resonator up front and "unknown turbo style muffler" out back. Car runs 15.30 in 1/4 with me in it, competition weight was 2695#, speed something like 88 or 89mph.