HybridZ

Paint is done!

BIGJIM

Nice color, can't wait to see pic's of it put together with everything else you mentioned. I think you wrote in an earlier post that this is a single stage paint, is that correct? I see you painted the door flat, but if this is not a pearl or a metallic paint I don't think it makes any difference; otherwise you want to paint panels with the same orientation as when the panel is installed.

why didn't you take out the dash or at least tape it off? And what part of So. Cal. you in, cause i'd love to see it when i get back down there....nice otherwise.:mrgreen:

Dash is getting replaced, so i didnt care. I have a nice uncracked one waiting in the closet. My guest bedroom looks like the warehouse area at msa

Very nice job. As a body man on and off for the last 20 yrs I will say the key on alot of the less expensive paint is patience and good quality additives ( hardner/reducer ). Less expensive paints are usually thinner and have less pigment so the cover slower and run quicker. I have done some great work with what would be considered "cheap" paint. Another trick is to buy a cheap basecoat and cover it with a good clear but you have top test and make sure they are compatible so they don't wrinkle when the contact one another.

I'm gonna give the old rustoleum trick I read on this forum a try on my old explorer. I'm curious to see how it holds up.

Anyway...GOOD JOB!! wish people here in the east would rent space and paintbooths and such. You CA boys have all the good parts and good weather...LOL

ahh well in that case, cool. You going black inside? That would look hella clean when finished. Nice color too.:eek:

Oh ya, black interior (i have all new interior already) Satin black front spoiler, satin black rear tail light panel with silver wheels.

I can already picture it :)

clean, yeah i can already picture my 240, and i haven't even got it. What part of Cali. you in, and what engine you got in it. Looks like an l28et, but i didn't look to hard.

I was i san bernardino ca. But moved to las vegas. I havent changed my location on the site. Its a f54 l28et block, p79 head with carbs. Its temporary though. I'll be bolting on a turbo and mega squirt setup soon.

Good job! Are you going to sand and polish it?? If you have 3-4 good coats of clear, you should be able to wet sand it with a block 800grit, then 1000, then 1500. It will get rid of all the dirt specs and the orange peel. Wet sanding especially with a block (stick or soft block) is pretty easy, just very time consuming (be careful of burning through on body lines). Buffing and polishing is a lot harder especially when trying to remove swirls. Good Luck

RC

Good job! Are you going to sand and polish it?? If you have 3-4 good coats of clear, you should be able to wet sand it with a block 800grit, then 1000, then 1500. It will get rid of all the dirt specs and the orange peel. Wet sanding especially with a block (stick or soft block) is pretty easy, just very time consuming (be careful of burning through on body lines). Buffing and polishing is a lot harder especially when trying to remove swirls. Good Luck

RC

My buddy is doing the color sanding and buffing. I'll be helping with the sanding, im gona stick with 1000 then 1500. He will then buff it out, i dont trust myself to do it. I waiting to assemble the whole car first.