HybridZ

tokico troubles?

my new 240z came with supposedly correctly installed new tokico springs

the top four of five coils of the springs are resting on each other and the lower coils are only about 1/16" from each other

is this normal for new springs correctly installed, if not what should i do?

sounds like the eibach progressive rate springs..

i'm not too fond of them but some others have used them and been happy. i found the ride height too low (with camber plates) and the ride wasnt what i wanted - also with a tank of gas it changed in height

Yup, that is correct and you don't have tokico springs...Likely you have tokico struts... Progressive springs are a preferance thing. If you are driving the car on the street, you'll probably like them as they are VERY compliant. But as Mike/SCCA mentioned, the ride height is altered when you change anything in the car...like adding a passenger or a tank of gas, or luggage....

Mike

What has been said is true. I had eibach springs on my car before too. For street they were very compliant and comfortable. If you dont plan on autocrossing or loading the car down they should suit you fine.

Besides, they have good resale and SCCA can getcha a set of coilovers if you ever decide too icon_smile.gif

Evan